Text to Speech improvement.

Nationalsolo

Hi Sam or NCH

I have started editing a new project in version 4.11 and thought I would try the VP Text to Speech option under the Audio tab to add some commentary. I usually either pre record this or occasionally do it direct, both of which never seem to come up to expectations. :)

Microsoft Anna is the "voice" on my Vista PC and "She" actually works quite well once you get used to the way "she" interprets the text. (She is better than Sam!)

VP allows you type in a phrase or commentary passage and convert it to speech. That's pretty good, but if the outcome is not clear or words are mis-pronounced, you have to delete thefaulty audio file from the media list and re-type the passage-perhaps with different spelling etc.

This is a bit annoying as a block of speech might be several lines (or even more) that only require a few small changes to a couple of words to make them clearer.

It would be very useful if VP could temporarily save the input text and then allow you re-load it back to the input window in order for changes to be made so saving you the effort of re-writing the whole block, (which you may have forgotten!)

I am sure that this could be done fairly easily....either saving ALL the text blocks or simply only the last one which is overwritten once a new block is started.

As an alternative, which might be better....What about keeping the text visible in the window and allowing the converted speech to be played within the window - altering the text until it sounds OK and then transferring it to the media list?

Any thoughts?

PS. Just had a quite amazing demo here.... http://www.lumenvox.com/products/tts/

VP definately needs something like this!

Nat