V4.11

Nationalsolo

Hi Sam

Just started a short and rather straight forward project and so far this version seems to be great! You've even changed the Split icon to a pair of scissors. :-) so it doesn't look like a pair of batteries and removed the sound track scrubbing machine gun! Added effects to the media list thumbnail don't change the sequence line clip but remain a property of the thumbnail which I rather like. Nice deep blue clip selection colour.

The big Export Video tab on the toolbar doesn't work though. It's drop down menu arrow does but not the Menu Wizard option.

No doubt something will crop up...... :-)

I'd like to see the Transition properties prompt on the initial selection screen so I can set the duration when the transition is first selected. Currently it is greyed out and you have to click the orange arrow again after the transition has been added to set the duration you require which seems a bit daft.

Reversing a clip seems to lose the sequence line thumbnail leaving a blue frame...you need to zoom in to get it to come up although it was there at the original zoom level.

I presume now that splitting and editing will have to be done in the preview pane as the timeline doesn't play and just shows thumbnails?

Nat

Hi Nat,

I'm glad you like the new version. :)

The big Export Video tab on the toolbar doesn't work though. It's drop down menu arrow does but not the Menu Wizard option.

Do you mean the Export Video button? It remembers the last choice from the drop down menu so you can select it with only one click (after the first time).

I'd like to see the Transition properties prompt on the initial selection screen so I can set the duration when the transition is first selected.

Yes, we can do that. I'll bring it to the other devs they might come up with something even better.

Reversing a clip seems to lose the sequence line thumbnail leaving a blue frame...you need to zoom in to get it to come up although it was there at the original zoom level.

The thumbnails were not lose, we've simply removed the placeholder images so you can only see the blue frame when they needed to be updated. It will show up again when they are re-generated.

I presume now that splitting and editing will have to be done in the preview pane as the timeline doesn't play and just shows thumbnails?

Sorry I'm Not quite understand the issue here, could you please explain a bit more? We didn't change how timeline works.

Best regards,

Hi Sam

"I presume now that splitting and editing will have to be done in the preview pane as the timeline doesn't play and just shows thumbnails?"

Errrr... No.... I didn't understand that myself either!... :wacko:. Please ignore it. It all works fine. :)

"Do you mean the Export Video button? It remembers the last choice from the drop down menu so you can select it with only one click (after the first time)."

OK. I can see that now...........but If I use the green "File" button and choose "Export" the three options in the Export Video window remain inoperative.

Nat

Version 4.11 is a real awesome one!! It's so comfortable now!!

1) No autoaudio noise on cursor!! Yes!!! That is so great!!

2) Now we have Export button go directly to Save as file without 2 additional steps. But Ctrl + B hotkey (which I use a lot) still calls Export wizard, but I can change my habbit and press Export button to go directly to Export file menu.

Thank you so much for these changes!!

- - -

And I want to add some remarks I've found. Just a case...

1) When we have 3 clips and take 3'rd clip and move and insert after 1'st before 2'nd then the 2'nd moves and becomes new 3'rd and the old 3'rd becomes new 2'nd.

But when I lock the second timeline where my PNG image is placed and works as filter and I don't want to cut it, in this case when I move 3'rd clip after the 1'st, than this clips overwrites the 2'nd and does not move it.

So it the 2'nd clip was shorter than the 3'rd it is destroyed and it it was longer only tail is left.

To solve this problem I cut clips on one sequence, create 2'nd sequence. Insert 1'st sequence in 2'nd secuence and add PNG on second sequence to protect PNG from cutting.

2) when we place clip on timeline icon (thumbnail) is rendered on left part of clip. But when I cut beginning of this clip icon is cut too and only part of icon is left. If I cut too much from the beginning then I have a clip without icon at all and could not understand what clip is what. That is a problem for cases when we have 2 clips and want to cut each clip for 4 parts and place them in order 1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2 (or if pieces of first clip 1-2-3-4, second clip is 5-6-7-8 we want to make 1-5-2-6-3-7-4-8) in this example pieces 3-7-4-8 usually appear withou icons at all becuase their cutted icons are placed on 1-4-2-5 pieces.

I think a menu item something like Upadate Thumbnail for piece of video can solve this problem.

3) If we want to preview video it always stars from the beginning. It would be great to start preview from where cursor on timelime is and It would be great to start preview with Ctrl + Shift + Space, becase Space now is for playback in window and Ctrl + Space is for playback audio only.

- - -

Once more, please accept my congratulations with such a great version release!!!!

Videopad FOREVER!!

Just using situation I want to say once more what features would be great welcome which are dream-functions.

1) Remember custom export sizes in export as file dialog. When I just searching for suitable cut I export 720x304 to export faster. But when I'm close final cut I export 1280x540. But if I do not like result or want to try new ideas I switch back to 720x304. And this 720x304 to 1280x540 switch I manually do a lot.

2) Export selected only. It works like this: press Ctrl and click each piece on timeline I want to export and text result. Then Click Ctrl + B and it exports videofile and I test it. And get back to editing to find better solution for cut.

PS. By the way. For this case I always have to press Crop Edges button in (Crop Edgets / Resize To Fit / Cancel dialog. So It would be great to have some checkbox for remember my choice to avoid this step. And if I want to change my choice I just go to Option dialog and change to Ask each time option for this case)

The save is with done dialog. Open folder ... or ok. It would be great to have 3'rd button - Play video. And checkbox remember my choice. So for my case I just make comuter always crop and always play after export is done. And if I want to change this options I just go to Options and choose Ask every time for these two dialogs.

- - -

Congrats with Vesion 4.11 release once more!!