Video clip shows 9:16 aspect

arnied

I have 15 video clips, all taken with same camera and in same shooting orientation (landscape) and all show as 16:9 aspect ratio except one and it shows 9:16 under Properties in Bin or Preview. In Sequence it appears rotated 90 degrees, but can be corrected by rotation in Preview. However, even though the project is saved after this action, it will appear as 9:16 when project is again opened and again displays 90 degrees rotated.

There is no way to correct this externally that I can find. Not sure if the completed project will be correct if I do the rotate in bin when ready to finish. Why would this happen and what is the correction? Note that this one clip appears and displays correctly in Windows Media Player before adding to project.

borate: I did exactly as you suggest. The bin thumbnail does change to correct position and the clip in sequence plays correctly. Note that the properties aspect of 9:16 does NOT change even though the view "looks" correct. However, the rotated position is NOT saved as would be expected.

Even though the aspect remains at 9:16 in bin, I made an .mp4 file and it played perfectly in Windows Media Player. The issue now is that I must rotate that clip each time I open the project. It does NOT save the rotation to project file.

What version of VP are you running?

In 4.10 here, three image clips of varying aspect ratio were rotated after being placed on the timeline, using the right-click|ROTATE option on each in the image BIN.

Next two video clips - - one a 16:9 Mp4 and the other a 4:3 wmv file - were handled in the same manner, using the right-click|ROTATE option on each in the video bin.

In all instances, the rotation was shown in both the bins and on the timeline and it "stuck" after the two projects were saved to .vpj files and later restored.

I have version 4.00 of VP received July, 2015.

To experiment a bit, I started another project using the same video clip as the one and only item. It behaved the same way as the main project so it seems safe to say there was nothing else affecting the clip.

Hi

A 9:16 clip rotated in Preview screen is corrected to 16:9 in both the preview screen and a few seconds later in the media list thumbnail.

When added to the timeline from the media list it presents as expected

i.e. All the thumbnails and preview are corrected.

Saved as project file and then reopened, everything is correct. This is in version 4.10 It exports and plays correctly.

Nat