inventoria - a few queries

fynearts

I like inventoria - i am an artist with an open studio gallery selling not only artworks but art supplies and workshop materials and such. just to give context to using inventoria.

* the find item option is terrible - it only finds 1 of the particular item i search for and doesnt go to the others. ??? It would be good if the search brought up all those within the criteria - on an other screen? or drop away everything else .. printable, etc

* how can i make a copy of a business so that i can work on it? Somewhere in the Inventory/multiple businesses/add/delete new businees <<< there should be a copy business.

* Reports - how can i get the reporting system to give me the total cost value - it calculates and gives me the Line value totals but not the cost value.

* Inventory Report - when printing out reports i would like to determine which columns to print - how do i go about this? I thought i might be able to by saving it but only save option is a PDF.

* Inventory Report - would also like to pick and choose which columns i would like reporting on. is this possible? Even if i sort the columns in the business and then go to report printing it still comes up as unsorted.

* Reports - i would like to be able to click the column for sorting purposes within the report. ?

* i have in another post already stated - a roadmap to upgrades would be most helpful. i am looking around everywhere to see what improvements and what is different should i upgrade.

i cant find anything and dont want to upgrade without knowing what the extras and improvements are.

thanks for all help - always appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

fynearts I checked the issue you reported about searching items and my Inventoria did show all the items that match the criteria, showing it on a different page and making it printable is not an option on the program at this time.

To copy a business the only option is to create a backup of the business, however, that would create a backup for all the business you have, the good news is that the backup can be modified as exported in CSV or Excel. You can create the backup by going to Tools/ Backup Data/ Select the folder where you want to save the backup and then hit on Backup now.

About the reports, the program is fixed, meaning offered as is and no customization is available, it's understandable that everyone may have an idea of what cool things could be included on the program to fit our needs but Inventoria is kept standard to be used by different people around the world.

In any case NCH is always open to suggestions, you may submit any other suggestions you may have to our developers through this link http://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/

thanks for a reply ...

MY inventoria does not find all the items in my inventory ... so why is that??? - i click on 'find item' put in the item and it finds one .... it does not find any others that are there.

the fact you checked yours and it works doesnt help me ... why doesnt mine work .... is there something other i should be doing?

About the reports, the program is fixed, meaning offered as is and no customization is available, it's understandable that everyone may have an idea of what cool things could be included on the program to fit our needs but Inventoria is kept standard to be used by different people around the world.

its not about 'cool' things ... its about useful .... wish i known how rigid the program was before i bought it and used it (for over 2 years now)

what about the reporting system not carrying over the sorting that is done in the 'business' prior to requesting a report. ie * Reports - i would like to be able to click the column for sorting purposes within the report. ? I can sort the information based on clicking on a column .... but it wont show up as such in a report to print ...

i thank you for someone answering .... what about my other queries please.

* Reports - how can i get the reporting system to give me the total cost value - it calculates and gives me the Line value totals but not the cost value.

* i have in another post already stated - a roadmap to upgrades would be most helpful. i am looking around everywhere to see what improvements and what is different should i upgrade.

i cant find anything and dont want to upgrade without knowing what the extras and improvements are.

thanks in anticipation ...

i am giving up inventoria ... it is most unsuitable for my requirements although i have stuck with it for 2 years .... and the support is abismal. virtually dismissing everything ... obviously corporate clients are your market ...

searching again now for another inventory system better suited to my needs.

i did search thoroughly before purchasing inventoria but its been very disappointing. AND i purchased the other programs that went with it - express invoice and express accounts.

Hi fynearts,

I maybe able to help, I started looking at writing a program to export to prestashop online sales so I can keep the inventory (1000+ items) in sync between prestashop and inventoria. There is a big but, my time is limited and Inventoria has a major bug that cause my computer to hang after about a day and a half of Inventoria up time, After about a day and a half, Inventoria uses up all the computer's free nopaged memory (I have reported this bug and what is causing it. #ZZW-66132-864), and my computer basically stops working. I am waiting to see what NCH does on the nonpaged memory problem before move on my Inventoria/prestashop sync project.

Gunner