Yosemite + Infinity foot pedal

315Girl

Hey. I'm a longtime user of Express Scribe with my Infinity USB 2.0 foot pedal. I'm trying to migrate from mac system 10.4 to 10.10 and I can't get Express Scribe to see that my foot pedal is plugged in. I have tried restarting several times. There doesn't seem to be any driver for mac, such as Pedalware, to use this Infinity foot pedal. All the drivers want to download .exe files, which are windows files.

I have put several hours of googling into this problem, and I must admit having come across some many questionable download sites!

Please help soon, as I have retired my 10.4 system.

Replying to my own topic, for others who might come along and read this:

No matter what others say, specifically reviewers on Amazon and elsewhere, you MUST purchase express scribe for it to recognize your Infinity foot pedal.

I know it is written in the ES documentation, but others have said this wasn't true. I never had to purchase express scribe before, but there seems to be no way to download old versions of express scribe.

That information is shown at http://www.nch.com.a...ibe/index.html. The free version of Express Scribe supports Altoedge pedals. The paid version supports the Infinity pedals.

Yes I read that. But if you look on Amazon under Infinity USB foot pedals, there are people who testify they are using Yosemite (most recent mac operating system) with infinity foot pedal and not paying for the pro version of ES. This is what threw me off track. This, added to the fact that I have been using ES for years with this foot pedal and never had to purchase ES before now.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey. I'm a longtime user of Express Scribe with my Infinity USB 2.0 foot pedal. I'm trying to migrate from mac system 10.4 to 10.10 and I can't get Express Scribe to see that my foot pedal is plugged in. I have tried restarting several times. There doesn't seem to be any driver for mac, such as Pedalware, to use this Infinity foot pedal. All the drivers want to download .exe files, which are windows files.

I have put several hours of googling into this problem, and I must admit having come across some many questionable download sites!

Please help soon, as I have retired my 10.4 system.

I upgraded from Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and my Infinity pedal stopped working.

I diagnosed it to a USB issue. If I plug the pedal directly into my MacBook Pro or my Mac Pro, it is immediately detected.

If I plug it into a USB hub, it is not, even if it is a powered hub, and even if that powered hub has no other devices attached.

Using "About this Mac" -> "System Report" shows that the Mac sees the device in either case, so I'm pretty sure this is a software change.

I have another Mac transcription program that works with the same pedal whether directly connected or on a hub, so I'm pretty sure that for some reason the Express Scribe program is only scanning the top-level of USB devices, and if it doesn't see the pedal, it gives up.

I hope this helps.

--mdc

• 4 months later...

I upgraded from Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and my Infinity pedal stopped working.

I diagnosed it to a USB issue. If I plug the pedal directly into my MacBook Pro or my Mac Pro, it is immediately detected.

If I plug it into a USB hub, it is not, even if it is a powered hub, and even if that powered hub has no other devices attached.

Using "About this Mac" -> "System Report" shows that the Mac sees the device in either case, so I'm pretty sure this is a software change.

I have another Mac transcription program that works with the same pedal whether directly connected or on a hub, so I'm pretty sure that for some reason the Express Scribe program is only scanning the top-level of USB devices, and if it doesn't see the pedal, it gives up.

I hope this helps.

--mdc

A bit late to the party, but just as a heads up for people like me who put their pedals away for a bit only to come back and they aren't working.

People who have the infinity pedal which was working with the free version of express scribe, should be aware that updating to El Capitan os 10.11 will render it useless.

I just discovered this on my new Mac Mini. Luckily my MBA is still running Yosemite 10.10 and so working with express scribe still. I'd be very very cautious of doing any updates if you are in the middle of something!