New User Can't Edit Chart of Accounts

Puffy

Downloaded ExpressAccounts for Mac today but I'm having trouble from the get-go. I want to edit the chart of accounts by editing, deleting and adding new categories that suit my particular business. The instructions are simple but they don't seem to work for me. I've tried to add an extra bank account multiple times but after I've entered the information, a dialog box that says "Recalculating accounts" appears with a progress bar. It doesn't progress and eventually disappears without having created the account. I've been trying for more than an hour to do the same thing over and over.... Has anyone else had this problem and overcome it?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem and no idea how to solve it.

I tried to edit one of the existing accounts and it worked. But this is no real solution anyway as you will run out of options anyway.

Another problem is, I entered a few transactions into a bank account and checked whether they were reflected correctly in the BS and PL. they were not. Then I manually deleted the transactions from the journal, which is empty now. But the BS is still screwed up and no way to fix it.