SAVE REGION incremental numbers

borate

The SAVE REGION feature automatically inputs the file name with numbers that incrementally increase...

XXXXsave_region87.wav, XXXXsave_region88.wav and so forth.

How can that counter be reset to zero? Changing file name doesn't do it - next time it continues incrementing from where IT left off, not from the number the user specified.

Guest Alex Chapman

How exactly are you doing this Save Region operation? I just tried creating some regions and saving them, but they don't get renamed. Nor are they renamed when I give them the same name and export them all to a folder. Can you please detail the steps you use, and I'll try to figure out how to reset the counter for you.

Load a file

Select a region

Right-click|SELECT SAVE REGION AS

File name is "Cradle-region-097.mp3"

Note the "097" which is where it left off at the last session

If "001" is typed in instead it will save as "001" but the next region save will increment to "098"

Thanks Alex (Using licensed version 5.33)

Guest Alex Chapman

Ok, I took a look at the source code, and there was no interface for resetting this count, unfortunately. I have just fixed this, so in the next release the number will be based on the number you used last time, also taking into account the number of digits you used last time. So saving "filename-region-001.wav" will get you "filename-region-002.wav" next time, and "filename-06.mp3" will get "filename-07.mp3" etc.

In the meantime the only way to reset the counter is by modifying the Windows registry: Open regedit.exe, find the string "SaveRegionCount", and change or delete this value. It should be somewhere like "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NCH Software\WavePad\Settings".

• 3 weeks later...

Alex,

"Ok, I took a look at the source code, and there was no interface for resetting this count, unfortunately. I have just fixed this, so in the next release the number will be based on the number you used last time"

Has the version that fixed it been released yet?

Hi Vaughan,

Looks like a delay in updating that page. I'll have someone check it, but I can confirm that the version for download is 6.24 and that is the version you would be buying a licence for.

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

I did purchase but the download version I received is 6.24 Beta.

Beta is a testing version .. correct?

Is it broken ? .. see my post ont the top of the forum?

Hi Vaughan,

Yes, beta is a testing version. Where did you download it from? The link from the main WavePad page should give you the correct version. Could you try downloading and installing from here?:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

It should just install over the top of your existing installation and no licence key should be required.

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

I actually purchased Debut, VideoPad and WavePad (bundle).

Turned out I ended up with:

Debut ver 2.16 (non beta as far as I can tell).

VideoPad is ver 4.11 beta

WavePad is ver 6.24 beta.

I did not download before purchase.

After purchase I received info on activating and downloading the software:

This is was I was told to do and I did it:

"If you have not already installed your software, please download the latest version using the correct download link on

www.nch.com.au/general/sitemap.html

and run the install file. Please note for downloading:

The demo version is the same as the full feature version - after you activate and register the software all the paid features will turn on."

So this download link is different than the one you just posted.

Because of the problem I reported with WavePad in the other post ... I will not download any software until I hear form you as to what is actually correct .. to get my purchase upto date / accurate versions.

Hi Vaughan,

Ok, you learn something everyday! Today I learned that if you download a version from our website within the first couple of days after it has been released, we still leave it marked as a beta version with the beta menu item. However, it is not technically a beta, it is a full version release.

So, the version you have installed is identical to the version that you would download from the link I gave (and the link from the email you received).

If you would prefer to not have the "Beta" menu item, then uninstalling and reinstalling the programs should remove it.

Sorry for the confusion :(

Regards,

Ben

Ben,

Turned out I ended up with:

Debut ver 2.16 (non beta as far as I can tell).

VideoPad is ver 4.11 beta

WavePad is ver 6.24 beta.

I will leave both VideoPad beta and WavePad beta as is for now because it looks like there is a "scrubber" problem with Wavepad anyway (which will require a fix and new download) and I have not tested VideoPad yet.

Initially, I assumed the license KEY provided on the new purchases were tied to a specific download version from NCH.

It would be very nice on new purchases to have a direct download link to the product purchased and not to a page where the product has to be lookd up as is the case with the (www.nch.com.au/general/sitemap.html) link that I had to use.

In the end all I want is the three programs I purchased, correct versions for each and correct registration KEYs for them.

Then I can make good backup copies of it all.