There is no bad without good

daorus

It is just a friday chat, but... :rolleyes:

I can't find words to express how I HATE new feature when we move cursor and hear this f***cking noise of auto audio noise!! I made hundreds and hundreds curses (wishes of something bad) to the person (developer) who did this feature but have not added option to disable it.

The same hate, but emotiannly less I feel when some developer added additional two steps before exporting. I export A LOT and therefore today I have to press 2 times more useless buttons.

You know, usually developers have a list of features that they added in new release.

But know what, I think it is good idea if developers would start to have a list of features they KILLED.

Or, that would be better, just make a rule for developer: if you want to make some new feature, ALWAYS add option (disable) to allow long term users to enable previous functionality.

Because, what is comfortable for developer and what may seam as brilliant idea, is NOT always a real good.

- - -

And now what is great in this terrible situation.

This new f***cking feature with autosound made me learn how to work with sequences. And today, because, I can not disable this f****ing on cursor move sound autoplayback, I make a cut without sound in sequence 2, then insert sequence 2 in sequence 1 where I have sound and think trick allows me to work with video without this f***ing nose on cursor move.

That's why I say there is no bad without good!!

Hi

Errrrr...What is this Auto audio please???

In VP 4.08 I can play the clip/sequence and hear the audio (of course) but sliding the cursor in any mode is silent.......

Do I have to turn this feature on somewhere? Is there a newer version (Windows)?

Nat :)

Hi

Errrrr...What is this Auto audio please???

In VP 4.08 I can play the clip/sequence and hear the audio (of course) but sliding the cursor in any mode is silent.......

Do I have to turn this feature on somewhere? Is there a newer version (Windows)?

Nat :)

Well, actually I use 4.10 for long time ago...

HI

"Well, actually I use 4.10 for long time ago..."

Thanks for the reminder. I had dowloaded it but not installed it..As I was working on something I forgot it was there.

YES....Without a doubt it needs a switch-off option.

I'll try it with some of my music (violin) stuff but as it stands I agree with Daorus.....

Nat

Hi

NO! It's horrible!! :o

Scrubbing I suppose is not too bad allowing one to pinpoint a sound but the Chainsaw Buzz you get if you just touch the cursor bar really has to be looked at. It seems to be a rapid repeat of the track at the cursor position, Depending on the zoom level this can sound awful.

However having said that if the timeline is zoomed out the "Buzz" can be made to repeatedly play about 1/2 second of the track at the cursor position. Zoomed in a short musical note can be pinpointed as the "repeat" is much shorter. The idea could be better implemented with the option to turn it off.

If implemented, (or turned on) it ought to be silent if the cursor is not moved, and simply play the track at the speed of the cursor...Why does the sound have to be repeated anyway?

Nat

New feature - mainly good. But there should be a "disable" toggle, which I believe "c_major" hinted might be forthcoming.

We already added a button to turn the audio scrubbing off.

If implemented, (or turned on) it ought to be silent if the cursor is not moved, and simply play the track at the speed of the cursor...Why does the sound have to be repeated anyway?

The sound repeats only when you holding the mouse button.

Hi Sam

"The sound repeats only when you holding the mouse button."

OK..I've played with this feature a bit now and find it can be useful when editing some of my violin videos but one has to be zoomed in quite a bit to be able to pick out individual notes, (it's awful for genal sound though) However, is the button to optionally disble it in this version (4.1) or the next release please..

Nat