Crossfade BUG

robindean

I'm cropping sections of a single video file. Doing so automatically fills any void in frames by moving the latter side of a cut to the end of the last cut.

Good.

Now, the software doesn't yet know how to crossfade AUDIO.

Fine.

I guess until my paid version develops further, I'll simply fade each audio bit out for .25 and then the next one in for .25.

Now, I want a crisp crossfade from one clip into the next. Again, .25 is just enough to soften the blow.

Watching the preview ... everything's good.

EXPORTING THE FINAL RESULT CONTAINS ERRORS IN THE FORM OF "FROZEN" TRANSITIONS. This is a known problem and anyone who complains about it seems to get some form of either excuse or are told that they're the problem.

Something about the problem just seems off. It's a bug.

I've got a video track that's linked to it's audio track. There are no gaps. The audio fades are set. The video fades are set. The preview window looks correct.

It's what's rendered that's problematic.

Regards.

Hi

This not a bug as such. VP uses a crossfade method for consecutive clips on the same video track that keeps the total video length the same. It fades out clip 1 over the first frame of clip 2 and then fades in clip 2 over the last frame of clip 1. Depending on the action present and the brightness in either clip you may see those still frames as a ghost image. As you mentioned, the soundtracks don't crossfade.

If you don't want this to happen place clip 2 on video track 2 overlapping the end of clip 1 and simply add a fade-in to it.(Click the icon above the box with FX in it) It will now perform the crossfade as you want it. Same at the other end...fade video track 2 out.

You can add fade-in and fade-out to the audio track to get the sound dissolve you want. Note that this method shortens the overall sequence by the length of the overlaps chosen.

It should render OK. (Does for me. :) )

Nat

Hi,

The freeze happens when the second clip has not started yet when the transition starts. To solve this problem you can move the In point of the second clip such that the section before In point can be played by the first half of the transition.

For example, you have a 3 seconds crossfade transition between clip A and B. Where A on the left and B on the right. Click on clip B, in Clip Preview window, change the In point to 1.5 second. Now there should be no freeze during the transition. For the same reason you should also push the Out point of clip A back for 1.5 second to provide the section need by the second half of transition.

For crossfading/mixing sound track, you can do as Nat suggested above - unlink the sound track from the second clip and move it to another track.

Hope this helps.