Building Preview Please Wait

bulldog13

My registered copy of Photostage will not play the preview of the early section of a project, giving the above message. All images are just over 1MB and there is a music sound track in wav. format. The problem has only just begun it has worked perfectly up until now. Do I need to clean out cache or something? If I wait long while running through the project it will eventually begin to show the slides. However when I return to the start it gives the message again.

• 1 year later...

Yes, the message building preview would show when your computer takes too long to render the images and audio for playback, this usually happens when the cache and temporary files folder is too full. What you may want to do is to open Photostage and go to Options > General > Cache and click on the button that says Clear Cache. Also you would see the Default cache folder path shown there as the first option under Cache so you may go there and delete all the files there so you can make up space for newer data.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The message "Building Preview" indicates that your computer needs more time to render the image you used for your project. This could occur if the image/video is more demanding. 

I would suggest you to close all other programs on your computer while working on your project.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2022 at 7:49 PM, Peter Carr said:

Apart from Mail I have nothing else open. 

You can do a clean install for PhotoStage. You may try the steps below:

Uninstall PhotoStage, then delete 3 folders named "PhotoStage" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\PhotoStage\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\PhotoStage\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\PhotoStage\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue.

After that, restart your computer and reinstall the program using this link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/pstagesetup.exe

Once done, restart your system one more time.