How to disable auto audio playback on cursor

daorus

In 4.10 there is a new feature

when we put cursor to select video

audio is plaing automatically

Now editing process is ALWAYS goes with constant noise when I put cursor there and there for making cuts.

Question: how can I disable this feature???

For now I found solution:

when we select by pointing red CARET we hear audio

but if we select by pointing red vertical LINE under caret - there is no sound but selection and cursor moves ok

That's a workaround for now, untill we found out where the option to turn this feature off.

Click the "speaker" icon at the left of the audio track/s.

That's ok solution for one audio track project, but if there are several tracks it is very annoying to turn them off / on because by this button audio is disabled even when I press PLAY button (or Space button). But when I press Play button I do want to hear sound.

I do not want to head sound when I move cursor around and cut and paste portions of video.

• 1 year later...

I actually have the opposite problem. On my old computer, I could hear sounds as I moved the cursor while editing, which helped me tremendously in knowing exactly where to splice. However, when I migrated to a new computer, this feature is now not there, and running my cursor back and forth along the audio track doesn't produce any sound. How can I get this feature back?

Many thanks.