Exported Video Has Consistent Freezes

Starkiller2

I have been using VideoPad for a long time now, and I have never had a problem with it I couldn't resolve on my own. However, today I am having an issue I can't get rid of no matter what I try.

The issue is that when I export a video, it has very brief freezing throughout the video. The video will freeze for about a second, and then when the freezing is over the video jumps to where it would be if it had not froze. The audio is fine, it continues unabated. Inside VideoPad, the live preview has no problems. In the export window, I have changed the settings over and over and exported many times (and I have reinstalled VP) in hopes of fixing this issue, but to no avail. The weirdest part about my problem is that the freezes are always in the same spots in every finished product. The exported video isn't choppy either, it plays normally until it reaches one of the parts that it freezes at, stops momentarily, then resumes from where it would be if it had not froze up (skipping a small amount of footage in the process).

I have made videos on this same machine before, so I doubt it is a hardware issue. I guess it could have something to do with the fact that I worked on the vpj file in the previous version, updated VP and then went back to the project, but I think that is a serious thing to overlook when designing a software update (so I don't think this is the case). Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've worked for a while on this video and I don't want the work to go to waste. :/

Thank you very much for sharing the files!

We've identified and fixed the bug. Your project is now rendered without any freeze.

We are making a new version release as soon as we can (it will take a few days). Our support team will contact you and provide free upgrade/license for the new version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

For urgent projects please try fallback to v4.00 - this bug effects v4.05 and v4.08.

If you installed v4.00 before, you can find videopadsetup_v4.00.exe in your application folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\NCH Software\VideoPad on windows 7).

If you can't find the setup file or bought if after v4.00, please contact our support team to get one.

We are doing our best to check and fix any issue we find before the release. We'll try to release VP next week.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I had this problem since late May/early June. I didn't want to post a topic about this because then I get told about video card/drivers, and I can't deal with that.

I reported this bug on another post. http://nch.invisionz...-to-10-seconds/ . I have not purchased the software but I would like to try installing version 4.0 to make sure it fixes my problem. I cannot submit the request to support to get the download link unless I buy the software first. I have already finished editing my videos with another program so I was not planning on buying at this stage. If you can send me a link to it that would be great. I like the software, apart from this bug, it is the best of all the ones I tried and if I have a real need for this kind of program in the future I will definitely buy this. For now I would just like to satisfy my curiosity and make sure the problem I had is the same one you describe here. If you can't find a way to send me the link then I guess I will just wait for the new version.

I reported this bug on another post. http://nch.invisionz...-to-10-seconds/ . I have not purchased the software but I would like to try installing version 4.0 to make sure it fixes my problem. I cannot submit the request to support to get the download link unless I buy the software first. I have already finished editing my videos with another program so I was not planning on buying at this stage. If you can send me a link to it that would be great. I like the software, apart from this bug, it is the best of all the ones I tried and if I have a real need for this kind of program in the future I will definitely buy this. For now I would just like to satisfy my curiosity and make sure the problem I had is the same one you describe here. If you can't find a way to send me the link then I guess I will just wait for the new version.

Since you reported the bug, we'll offer you a full license for the new release when it come out (under testing now).

I have this exact same problem! I thought I was the only one! Thank you so much for posting this, this has been the only problem I have ever had with VideoPad. I've purchased the software so it was kind of disappointing that I couldn't produce the video I wanted. Following this thread for any updates on the situation and update.

Can't wait for the new version! I hope it has this problem fixed!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What version was it fixed? I am currently using version 4.08 because of Zoom issues in recent versions. I suspect version 4.10 is what I am needing to not have freeze issue and not have Zoom issue. Can someone please provide a link to 4.10 or 4.11 if that will work?

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI I experienced this even in v4.30 but managed to fix it.

The video initially played OK in preview but once exported, contained freezes.

What i did was cleared the cached under options > disk by checking clear cache on exit.

I then restarted videopad and exported. The output was fine then.

edit: I also changed screen settings to prevent the screen from going to sleep (I know it should not matter, but somehow it did for me)

• 2 years later...

I've been using VP for a year or so now, and I'm in one of the 5.xx versions. I'm not entirely sure which one; all I know is that I'm having this same problem. The only issue is that none of these listed solutions solve my problem. My license is too old for the newer software, and I can't find the older software. Even if I could, I'd be hitting my head against a brick wall because I've redownloaded Videopad twice before to try and resolve the issue.

Edited by lordpotatollama
I forgot to mention a few things about my issue.