Streaming is connected with sound quality issue on mobile device.

Hi,

This is Kevin from TrenDigi Tech. I've purchased one key for Broadwave and it is streaming live for about 3 days in a roll now. During the testing period before it actually goes to public, we've found a issue.

When we first started the streaming server 3 days ago (set quality to 256kbps), we were able to hear clear sound quality on both mobile device (Android and iOS default browser were both fine), MacBook, and Windows 7 laptop. The streaming server has not been stop or restart, and the issue pops in on the 3rd day for no reason. The issue is that you are no longer able to hear clear sound quality "ON MOBILE DEVICE (Android and iOS)", the sound is with lots of noises and echo. BUT, at the same time it will not happen with MacBook and Windows laptop. What is the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Kev

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the report. I haven't heard of this issue before. I will get someone to look into it and get back to you.

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

I found something further which might be helpful for you to find a solution for this bug. After restarting the BraodWave program and the computer itself, Android device seems working fine to get clear sound now; however, iOS mobile devices still have the same issue (streaming can be connected but you can't even hear a clear word, it's with lots of noises and echo). It would be helpful if you could find a way out for me. My client is a local FM broadcast radio station, and they're not very satisfied and very unhappy about this issue at the moment. I recommended NCH to them and just bought it a few weeks ago. :( :(

I seriously don't want to ask for a refund and look for another online streaming solution out there. My client is getting really upset and impatient. -_-

Please get back to me ASAP!

Thanks,

Kev

Hi Ben,

I'm streaming with the newest version of BroadWave V1.30. The issue seems endless. XD

I have restarted both the software and the computer, but it's still the same. You can test it with your computer and mobile device. You'll find it's exactly find on the computer, but the problem will happen on any of the mobile device (both Android and iOS).

Thanks,

Kev

Hi Kev,

From the link it looks like you're providing a direct link to the mp3 file. This is not the best way to configure BroadWave and I am guessing is the cause of your problem. Generally speaking, the best method is to supply the link generated by BroadWave. If you click on the "Connect" button, BroadWave should generate you a webpage with various links configured for different purposes (streaming live, stream pre-recorded etc). In most cases these links will provide a stream in the format of an m3u playlist. By choosing this method, BroadWave can then stream the correct format to whatever device connects to it based on the capabilities of that device.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Ben

• 3 years later...
Le 29/06/2015 à 10h48, techgroup@trendigi.com a déclaré:

Salut Ben,

Je suis en streaming avec la dernière version de BroadWave V1.30. La question semble sans fin. XD

J'ai redémarré le logiciel et l'ordinateur, mais c'est toujours pareil. Vous pouvez le tester avec votre Torrent TurboTax Gogoanimeordinateur et votre appareil mobile. Vous constaterez que c'est exactement trouver sur l'ordinateur, mais le problème se produira sur n'importe quel appareil mobile (Android et iOS).

Merci,

nous avons pu entendre une qualité sonore claire sur les appareils mobiles (les navigateurs Android et iOS par défaut étaient tous les deux acceptables), MacBook et les ordinateurs portables Windows 7. Le serveur de streaming n'a pas été arrêté ou redémarré, 

Kev