Problem getting VHS to transfer

dcshaker

I am trying to transfer a home movie from my VCR to my computer. I downloaded the Debut software (free version) to try it. I have a USB transfer cable (EzCap). I have connected the cables from my VCR to my USB transfer device, but the only thing I can transfer is from my computer camera or screen capture (which does not show the VHS output. Any thoughts? (Note: I have the same problem with the software that came with the EzCap device). I have tried this with Windows 7 & 8 and wtth 2 VCR's and 2 different USB transfer cables.

Dave

Hi dcshaker,

Firstly, please note that this is a forum for community members to help each other out. It is not an official support channel although developers do look at it. If you require support you can easily access several options from the Help menu in any of our programs.

Sorry that you are having trouble getting Debut to work with the video device, have you checked that the drivers are installed correctly and are updated? Because if it doesn't work with the software that the device came with, it might mean that the issue isn't caused by Debut.

Have you tried removing the driver and reinstalling it?

Regards,

Emanuele