HELP PLEASE Can't import from DVD

rtesp

• 1 year later...

I am having the same problem. I am using the most current unlicensed version (4.45) of Video Pad. I am attempting to import a video from a DVD. The movies were recorded using a Sony Handycam DCR-DVD650, which uses mini-DVDs. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. When I put the DVD in the computer's disk drive, the Media Player will correctly load the recordings. I can see all the clips and play them all. There are Titles, chapters, etc. However, when I attempt to import the clips into VideoPad, I can only see and play the first one. I tried the remedy suggested above. However, one of the files, VIDEO_TS, required an extension, and, because I am using the unlicensed version, could not. Will I have to purchase the product?

If there is no difference in functionality between the trial and registered version, I hark back to my original question: Why am I able to see and play all clips within the Media player, but can only import and play the first one within VideoPad?

That are functional differences between the trial and registered versions, but they should not impact the ability to import files, as far as I know.

Please upload several files to Dropbox, Google DRIVE, Microsoft One Drive, etc., make them public and post a link here. Someone will test them.

The following is a screenshot from within Media Player of a listing of the DVD contents. Each chapter corresponds to a clip...all viewable However, I can't create a playlist. Could I, I might then be able to import into Video Pad, and do the editing I need to. Continued further down.

The following is what I see when I open the DVD with Videopad: I cannot load video_ts ( I get an error message "failed to load file"), and vts_01_01 only gives me the first clip.

To insert an image here first upload it to Dropbox, Google DRIVE, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. and copy the URL.

Then click the IMAGE icon in the toolbar (above the VP forum compose window) and paste that URL. <enter>

bar.jpg

Remember, a VIDEO_TS folder cannot be loaded into VP. Its VOB files can. First, copy them from the DVD to the PC...

That's been done here. Under the production name's folder, there are two subfolders: Audio_TS and Video_TS.

Opening Videopad and clicking on the Video_TS subfolder displays all the VOB files contained in that folder.

Selecting those VOB files, then clicking OPEN inserts them into VP.