Cloud Sync between 2 Workstations without a continuously running "Server"

rattlesnake722

My Setup:

2 Workstations (1 Mac, 1 MS Win7) - One is portable, the other is not.

I am looking for a sync option without setting up a web-accessible cloud with Express Invoice.

I always work on just one of those computers and thinking of syncing thedatabase via a cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive.

Is it possible to avoid setting up a static IP, Port forwarding and a "Server" that is running permanently or on demand via Wake-on-Lan/Internet ?

I don't want to Back-Up on one Workstation and Import on the other just to keep them synchronized like I am doing now/currently.

I hope there is an easy solution to this.

RS722

• 1 year later...

My Setup:

2 Workstations (1 Mac, 1 MS Win7) - One is portable, the other is not.

I am looking for a sync option without setting up a web-accessible cloud with Express Invoice.

I always work on just one of those computers and thinking of syncing thedatabase via a cloud service like Dropbox or OneDrive.

Is it possible to avoid setting up a static IP, Port forwarding and a "Server" that is running permanently or on demand via Wake-on-Lan/Internet ?

I don't want to Back-Up on one Workstation and Import on the other just to keep them synchronized like I am doing now/currently.

I hope there is an easy solution to this.

RS722

I think the best option will be to use the Dropbox Sync option it will allow you to synchronize with multiple devices.

You can find more information with the software manual

Multiple copies of Express Invoice can use the same data by turning on the Sync with other devices option. A Dropbox account is required to set this up.

Sync this device with other devices running Express Invoice Invoicing Software

Check this box to turn on syncing with other devices.

Storage Location

Dropbox: Check this option to use Dropbox as the cloud storage location.

Connect: Use this to initialize your sync setup.

Disconnect: Use this to end your sync connection.

Device prefix: This will be prepended to Invoices, Quotes, Orders, and Receipts. It will be automatically set up for devices after the first device has been synced.

If you have any more issues I recommend you to open a support ticket at http://www.nch.com.a...port/index.html

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Multiple copies of Express Invoice can use the same data by turning on the Sync with other devices option. A Dropbox account is required to set this up.

Sync this device with other devices running Express Invoice Invoicing Software

Check this box to turn on syncing with other devices.

Storage Location

Dropbox: Check this option to use Dropbox as the cloud storage location.

Connect: Use this to initialize your sync setup.

Disconnect: Use this to end your sync connection.

Device prefix: This will be prepended to Invoices, Quotes, Orders, and Receipts. It will be automatically set up for devices after the first device has been synced.

• 2 weeks later...