How to make the text clips outline thicker?

LiveLM

There is no option for outline thickness at the moment. We'll add it as a new feature for later versions.

Thanks for the suggestion.

There appears to be no provision for that in the most recent (4.05) version. Perhaps the developers will see your request and add the feature in a future incarnation. Try a different font.

Well,thanks for the support,but while this feature doesn't appears,there is any font with a really thick outline? Im really needing it

Hi

You can make a pseudo outline. It would probably work best for short titles and won't be perfect. :mellow: However...

Just create two identical texts...Say "THE END" make one in red and the other in green.

Place the green text on the main track and the red text exactly above it on the overlay track. The preview will now only show the red text as the identical green version is hidden underneath.

Now add a SCALE effect to the green text.

Make the horizontal value 105 and the vertical value 130. Play with the values a bit until it looks reasonable.

1usd2ke6lh.jpg

OK...It's not 100% as the spacing between letters is enlarged with SCALE but it might be a useful stopgap until NCH make the change, short of using a third party program to develop a PNG image as Borate suggests. You might also try different font sizes, or a bold font with a normal one etc.

Nat

Thanks for all the help,i made png images with outline.But now i have another question. I overlayed the image with my video clip,and i want to add a transition to it.I added the transition.when i play the image just pops up and then i certain time later it fades out.How do i make it fade in,stay for a bit of time,then fade out?

In the clip on the timeline, mouse over the square at the top left. A pop-up prompts "fade in." Click the square and set a duration.

Drag the overlay clip's right-hand border to the right until the clip is the desired length.

To fade the overlay (or any clip, for that matter)...

Apply a TRANSPARENCY effect with two keyframes (as shown below).

The closer the distance between keyframes the faster the fade. For more on keyframes click the ? HELP menu.

1.JPG

(It's best to start a new thread with a descriptive title when additional queries diverge from the original topic)