Earlier versions of VideoPad for download?

DaveGilbert

I purchased VideoPad about a year ago, and I've loved using it. However, I was having some issues with it today and thought that upgrading might help me fix the problem.

So I found the "update" button within the software. It leads me to a download page. So I downloaded and installed it. Then when I ran it, it tells me to enter in my registration number. I look through my old email, find it, and type it in. Then VideoPad tells me that my number was for an older version of the software, and I have to pay $40 to use the new version. I didn't expect this. I didn't want the new version that badly, so I figured I'd just forget it.

However, the DEMO of the newest version is now on my hard-drive. It won't let me export anything, or access several of the features. And there doesn't seem to be a way to re-download the version I actually purchased.

So am I now FORCED to purchase the new version? Or is there a page to download older versions of the software? If there is, I don't see it.

I am on a really tight deadline and this is extremely annoying. Since I declined to pay the extra $30 for "faster service" (seriously?) I don't expect to hear from NCH any time soon. And so I appeal to you guys! Hopefully someone can help me.

Thanks in advance!

-Dave Gilbert

Hi

Did you keep a copy of the original vppsetup.exe file? If you have then you can simply uninstall the version you have now and run the original .exe file, entering the old registration number (which you say you have) when prompted.

You may be able to get another copy of that version if you contact NCH with your registration number, indeed, following this post they may contact you.

Nat

Hi Borate. This is the problem. I don't know. I didn't see any reason to check the version number before I hit the upgrade button.

In any case, I ended up just paying to upgrade. Time was a factor, and it turned out that upgrading fixed the problem I was originally having. That said, I received your email and I appreciate the reply! Thanks very much. :)

-Dave