Error exporting .mp4 file types?

Nerevar7

Anyone else get the following error prompt: "x264enc7.ede has stopped working" at 4% completion.

I am trying export some gameplay footage and audio recoded by Action! Myrillis using custom settings, file format: .mp4,resolution 1920 x 1080 - Youtube 1080p, Maximum Frame Rate: 60.0

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. The final .vpj file looks and plays great, I just can't export it to .mp4 format, and I want to use that format as it is the best one I have found to work on youtube.

I can provide lots of additional information, just let me know what to list.

Thanks!

*Edit: I've also tried .avi file type and the youtube settings for exporting and I get an "abnormal error caused VideoPad to crash :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

The problem was that when the codec processing complex video frames with very high settings (i.e. high frame rate, high compress quality and a lot of noise in video frames), it require much more memory resource then usual.

We'll allocate more memory for the codec in the next version and the issue should be fixed.

Best regards,

... Why does VP not like it when video is more than 30fps when it will export at 60fps?

Make this simple test:

-Start a new VP project.

-Import a single 60fps file.

-Go to Timeline and count how many distinct frames you have in one second.

- It's just 30 ...

So it's useless to export @60fps , you will end with double frames.

Make this simple test:

-Start a new VP project.

-Import a single 60fps file.

-Go to Timeline and count how many distinct frames you have in one second.

- It's just 30 ...

So it's useless to export @60fps , you will end with double frames.

I've done the test and didn't find any 30fps restriction, preview and export are both in 60fps.

But when you click "Next/Previous Frame" button on the preview panel, the cursor always step by 40ms. This's a known bug to be fixed.

If you use the mouse drag the cursor you'll able to see every actual frame.

Also, if you applied effect or transition, the effected sections will be previewed as 25fps. When you export, those sections will be re-processed under whatever frame rate you've chosen.

Best regards,

Hi

Sorry to to add my tupennyworth.. :) .....I have to disagree... :unsure: c_major writes...

"I've done the test and didn't find any 30fps restriction, preview and export are both in 60fps.

But when you click "Next/Previous Frame" button on the preview panel, the cursor always step by 40ms. This's a known bug to be fixed."

If you load a 60fps clip of a moving object and then step through it frame by frame using the "next frame" button, the video display does indeed, move on an image every step and the time shown under the sequence preview pane does increment for each image by .04 seconds

This is therefore indicating the clip is being shown at 25 fps even though the acutual clip is 60 fps. At 60fps the increment should equate to 0.016 seconds

This may or may not be a bug as c-major suggests but..

"If you use the mouse drag the cursor you'll able to see every actual frame."

This is not the case IMHO.

Although you can zoom in and manually move the red cursor line an increment of less 0.04 and which is shown under the preview image, the image does not increment until the 0.04 seconds interval has elapsed. You don't see any other images between these points.

At 60fps one would expect to see the image change every 0.016 seconds since..

1) The subject of the clip is a moving object like a car which should show changes in position every 0.016 seconds)

2) You can drag the cursor line to these positions

2) Your clip is shot at 60fps and should show changes at this frequency.

This does not happen and indicates that the preview IS 25 fps. and you cannot, in fact, "see" any frames between these increments.

What then happens if you export this at the original 60fps setting? Are frames duplicated or are the ones you can't see during editing still there?

Nat

...This's a known bug to be fixed.

Thank you all for your answers.

I don't have to be math expert to edit a 60fps video, should I ?

In other packages for years now (Vegas v9 @2008, APE 10 @2009 , Nero Video 10 @2010) there are 60 distinct frames per second waiting for you to edit them !.

We call 'bug' something that was working in some previous versions and does not work now .

If something never worked the desired way in ever version made, then it's not a bug ... it's a limitation :)

Is there some certain dates for new releases ?.

We 're talking about 'known bugs', issues from summer 2014 ... (Reverse speed effect)

Regards

Mike

Hi,

Thanks Nat for joining the discussion and clarify the issue. Sorry, my previous post was wrong. In fact, as I did more testing, I've found that VideoPad is not exporting 60fps at all (the clip exported was 30fps). This is a much more serious bug than I thought.

I apologist for the mistake we've made and the inconvenient that caused.

The latest version is in testing now and could be released any time soon. I'll try cancel the testing and fix this bug if it is not released tomorrow. Otherwise we'll fix this bug and make another urgent release ASAP.

Please note that our company has a policy that whoever reported a bug or suggested a feature will get a free upgrade of the release which the bug is fixed or the feature is implemented.

In fact, for each release, I've sent a list of forum users whom helped us on bugs or new features to our sale support team to issue free upgrade to them. Everyone in this discussion so far will receive free upgrade as well when the bug is fixed.

@mx1001: Yes I aware of the reverse bug. Unfortunately we were not able to fix it in the upcoming release. We already put it on the top list after this release.

Best regards,

So... even in case of 30fps you mention that preview is done at 25fps ...

For each frame you see, there are 1.2 frames actual video ...

For 10 frames you see there are 12 frames actual video ...

How do you know if your cut or split is 100% accurate ? (export file will not have unwanted frames)

We now have cancelled the release testing and working on this issue.

What we got so far is that we can get 30fps in the clip preview but only 25fps at the sequence preview.

@mx1001: The sequence preview employed 25fps since the frame rate for export still unknown. I understand your concern for splitting. It could be a good idea to allow users change the sequence preview frame rate.

Update: In fact the sequence preview frame rate will be whatever the clip is (can be variable) after this bug is fixed.

The bug is fixed and VideoPad now can import, edit and export 60fps clips properly. In order not to delay the current release, we've put VideoPad back to testing.

Some issues that take more time will leftover and to be fixed in next release:

1. Playback 60fps on preview is not smooth.
  2. Next/Previous frame still stepping at 0.04 second.

Thanks everyone in this discussion for helping us found the issues.

• 1 year later...

Have you tried changing the PREVIEW framerate above the default of 30fps? By default, it changes EVERYTHING in the preview to 30fps, and export is different again. The preview won't be EXACTLY what is exported, but it will be very close.

To change the PREVIEW framerate to e.g. 60fps, you can either:

Right click on the preview, and select "Change Preview Resolution..." to set the resolution and framerate of the preview, or

Select "Tools->Options->Display Tab" and edit the settings there.

The preview's next/previous frame button now works off the preview frame rate, so changing it to 60fps should make it so those buttons offset the time by 16/17ms.