Migrating HourGuard Data on MAC

missis

That is not an option right now since my old machine crashed and is not currently accessible. I do have backups of all files but I do not have a backup made through File-->Back Up Data.

I will eventually try my crashed drive in target disk mode if that is at all helpful, but I don't want to rely on that as I don't know if it will work at all.

What I was hoping to be able to do was to just take the files that are generated (from the old Mac) and drop them into the appropriate place on the new Mac. I tried putting them in the same location on the new one, but that didn't work. I assume that there is a difference in how 10.9.4 handles files vs. 10.6.8, which is why I am asking the question.

Thanks!

I see that is where it stored it in 10.6.8, but there is no Library folder under my user in OS 10.9.4...I am the admin with all access.

I also tried putting it in /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/NCH Software/HourGuard

And I tried putting it in /Library/Application Support/NCH Software/HourGuard

I also tried /Applications/NCH Software/HourGuard

Nothing works so far.

So, I did some more digging. Apparently, Apple, in its more Microsoft wisdom of late, decided to hide the User's Library folder. Yes, you heard that right all you long-time Mac users. It's to protect people from themselves. I have been using Macs for a lot of years....let's say I remember the first commercial like it was yesterday. However, it has only been this last week that I made the jump from 10.6.8 to Mavericks. So, here is what you need to do FIRST...show the Library folder in your User. I found a great article on MacWorld...

http://www.macworld....-mavericks.html

Once I did this, I simply replaced the files in the directory as directed above and there was all my data! I hope this helps anyone else that is struggling with this same issue. Now I can happily continue from where I left off.

So, if you are manually moving your Hour Guard data files to a new machine, this should do it.

One additional note...If your user name is different on the new machine, you may also have to move your Timesheets data into the correct user in that folder.