metronome

botar

I'm a novice at recording software so I have a real basic question. I have been sequencing songs with kybds and midi for years and the metronome could either be set to on or off and it didn't affect playback. I take it that when I want to record with studio software, I should start a song project with a metronome track. So I recorded a metronome on track 1. . For track 2,( ac guitar ) I want to hear a preroll count in so I come in on time with the metronome. But I've discovered that the preroll countdown isn't audible unless the metronome icon is clicked. But, when I click the metronome icon to hear the preroll count-in, then the metronome gets recorded along with the track.

Is it possible to just hear a preroll count in for a new track and not have it continue and be recorded ?

I want to hear an 8 bar countin on track 2, and then have it stop and I'll play to track 1's metronome.

Am I doing this correctly ? I guess a work around would be to just come in on bar 5 on track 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Botar,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are adding the option to have the metronome sound during the pre-roll only for this next release.

However, your metronome should not be getting recorded unless you are recording via microphone and not using headphones to listen to the metronome. In this case obviously the microphone will pick up the metronome. Could you explain how you have your recording setup and I may be able to help?

• 5 years later...

That would be applied as an effect, in that case, each member need to apply it. you can transfer the project, but if you transfer the file as an audio file the effect would be applied and cannot be changed.

• 3 months later...
On 4/29/2015 at 7:26 PM, nchBen said:

Hi Botar,

Thanks for your feedback.

We are adding the option to have the metronome sound during the pre-roll only for this next release.

However, your metronome should not be getting recorded unless you are recording via microphone and not using headphones to listen to the metronome. In this case obviously the microphone will pick up the metronome. Could you explain how you have your recording setup and I may be able to help?

I have the same issue. I am using an RC505 as an interface and the metronome is recorded in all tracks if i don't mute the initial track when the metronome was in use. My outputs are set to my headphones.