Output 3D to Blu-ray

oldguns

Using V4 Trial. I've been able to convert 2D to 3D side by side and also Anaglyphic. The results for Ana. are good, I can test that on my computer screen. I can't test the side by side because I can't find how to write the 3d file to disk. I seem to have the option to create 3D but not to write the output to disk either directly following the conversion or independently.

Hi

The results of the 2d to 3d anaglyphs produce pseudo 3d and don't work very well (if at all IMHO) See my post to determine how you can get reasonable 3d with VP.

http://nch.invisionz...glyph-creation/

For correct 3d you require two proper L-R images (clips) each taken simultaneously from positions at least 2-3" apart. More for some effects.

These images can be colour or B/W.

Try these two... from a stereo card series I have on Egypt.

RIGHT

sen2tqdiey.jpg

LEFT

h020cra6g2.jpg

You should be able to copy/paste these into VP.

This is a frame from an anaglyph .avi created in VP...

6chzqtbd9b.jpg

This is using the method I outlined in my post and doesn't use any of the 3d export options. The method works in colour just the same and also with L/R videos.

In fact I am not sure how one views the side by side or the one above the other images/clips . You can use auto stereo vewing in some cases possibly....perhaps someone can clarify this point.

Since my post on the subject and following tests with still images, despite VP not being able to merge tracks by addition, I have succesfully made some short red/cyan anaglyph clips with two video cameras fixed side by side.

Nat

Thanks for the reply, but my problem is not being able to export the converted file to disk. Of course, I could carry my notebook to the TV, but it is heavy (MSI GT70). I realize the converted file is not true 3d. Most of my audience can't tell the difference.

Hi

Ok see where you are coming from.. :) It doesn't appear that the 3d options are available if you try to save to disc. (Version 4.00)

My suggestion is that you save your video to the PC as an .avi file first then use a 3rd party DVD creator.

This way you can have previews, menus and choice buttons.

If you have Windows movie maker then you will probably also have Windows DVD maker which will do the job.

I prefer DVDStyler which is a free DVD creator program and which gives you full control over nearly all aspects of the creation process.

http://www.dvdstyler.org/en/downloads

Nat

Hi,

Export dialog don't allow to export DVD and 3D file at the same time. We already aware of that and plan to redo the export UI after the next release.

For now the workaround would be:

1) Export the project into 3D video file.

2) Create a new project and add the 3D video file in as a clip.

3) Burn the new project to Blu-ray/DVD.

Best regards,