Copper and Inventoria Sync

Liteucantresist

Hi all

I know this topic has appeared many times but I cannot find an answer. I have installed both. Have both running but Copper will not sync with Inventoria. Says 'unable to connect throught 192.168.0.6 port 1097'. I have tried IP static, Automatic named computer as both are running on one laptop and the same problem.

This is very frustrating and if not solvable will mean I cant use the software.

Any answer would be really appreaciated. Seems silly that they cant talk to each other when they are one machine!

Regards

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

i have followed the steps from above and changed the IP address to 127.0.0.1 in copper and blow me away so far it has worked i have been trying for days to get them to sync and after spending over £200 on the programmes including the support package which by the way is rubbish!! loads of emails from support all saying the same thing its worked!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Finally got all the syncing issues sorted had to go an IT guy in and change how the pc read the commands from the software and changed the user to all admin, but i have to open up inventoria 1st and log on the the web access as this is the server and open up copper and the others so far they have been sync for nearly 24 hours YES YES YES!!

• 3 months later...

Hi

I have the same problem that the programs don't want to sync. My IPs are identical in both programs and password match. All my users are admins, but still it does not want to sync. Please help!!!!

ps. it worked fine for the first day, but after restart it stopped the sync

• 1 year later...

I am also facing similar challenge here.

When setting up the synchronisation,when I update it says successfull. But when I OK then it says quantity change fail due to invalid location. What answer should I provide for this question? Location name for this business profile?

I am also facing similar challenge here.

When setting up the synchronisation,when I update it says successfull. But when I OK then it says quantity change fail due to invalid location. What answer should I provide for this question? Location name for this business profile?

Hi ShazzaB, Citus, Benero,

It is unfortunate that this happened with your programs configuration. In similar scenarios what I have noticed is that the computer does not have a static IP address and when it reconnects to the network the router's DHCP which is the protocol in charge of assigning the IP addresses to the networked devices.

Can you please check if this is what is affecting the synchronization. You can easily check this out by going to the Web Access options in Inventoria and if the Local Address, e.g.: http://192.168.1.101:1097, is different from the one showing in the Sync - Apps options in Copper (in Copper you should only have the IP address of the web access from Inventoria, e.g.: 192.168.1.101).

In the case the described above results indeed in having slightly different address (usually only the last number changes) then it means the DHCP manager assigned a different IP address to the computer, the Inventoria's Web Access service can detect this automatically, but the Copper's Sync settings are manually entered and must be manually updated in these cases. This is why it is recommended to have the computer receive an static IP address in the network.

If you need assistance setting this in your network it is recommended to get assistance from the network router's manufacturer support channel.

Regards,

• 5 months later...

Hi!

Have a synchronization problem. Inventoria is running and I can access to inventoria from web without any problems - network configured properly. But I can not synchronize inventoria with copper - even on the same machine - error "Server failed to respond to connection attempt" . Programs were working fine for a month and then suddenly stopped work ...

Does anyone had same issue and have solved it?

p.s. NCH support not responding to requests - I even paid for support for first week - no response...

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same question, has anyone solved this issue? This seems to be a real issue with this software and without the sync capability this software isn't worth a penny. Seems like many have had this issue but I see very few answers to the problems.

I have both Copper and Inventoria on the same computer and they cannot sync properly. Some days it may work, other days it will not work at all. Cannot find a common factor as to what causes it to work or not. The fact that they update, once in a while, tells me that the settings are correct but the software itself is not. Then again, the documentation leaves a lot to be desired so there could be something I am missing.

Finally NCH support replied to me - but no workable solutions. 1st was default settings, 2nd -to check public/private networks - set machines to public. 

I solved problem by myself by installing software on machine which running Windows 7 - previously I had it on windows 10. Now everything working for one week...

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, Chris75 said:

Hello Tomar, I just tested the latest versions for Copper and Inventoria and they sync without issues. No error, warnings or anything. 

Have you contacted the NCH Software support team for assistance?

On 11/11/2021 at 8:49 PM, Chris75 said:

Hello Tomar, I just tested the latest versions for Copper and Inventoria and they sync without issues. No error, warnings or anything. 

Have you contacted the NCH Software support team for assistance?

Hi Chris, I did, and they advised me to wait for an update for the issue to be fixed. I don't really know when they're gonna release the update when taking into account the date of the original post above is 2015 😔

Why some people managed to get it working and others not is beyond me.

When you said 'no error, warnings or anything' did you also manage to VIEW THE ITEMS added to Inventoria on Copper? That is my primary issue. Like you, I also manged to get Inventoria and Copper talk to each other and had no errors, warnings whatsoever but never been able to VIEW the items that I added to Inventoria on Copper. Your thoughts and suggestions to fix the problem will be highly appreciated.