initiate landline phone conversation using PC

motorola

Hi,

I want to keep using my home landline since I can get unlimited calls for a very low price, and this is significant since my wife is in marketing and skype is not intended for commercial purposes (tons of calls everyday for commercial purposes). So that's why we need to figure out how to use home landline. So perhaps there are several steps here:

1. figure out how to make my home PC connect to my home landline. So, I need to figure out how to make my home PC "dial" the number and to make it as if the number is being dialled by my Panasonic KX-TG2431 analog phone (although the fact that the phone is analog or digital shouldn't matter here, since they connect to the same telco company's line).

2. once the call is connected, figure out how to send / receive voice to and from home PC to KX-TG2431 so we can talk over the phone normally

once step 1 and 2 has been figured out, we can start trying to figure out to connect my home PC to my abroad laptop to do step 1 and 2 from abroad. What software / hardware do I need?

FYI, my home phone is simple, no PBX, no switching or any other complex stuff, just normal simpple home phone connected directly to telco's telecommunication grid. And we also don't need receive any calls. we only need the setup to make outgoing calls.

thanks