I want my old WavePad that recorded streaming audio back

Montani42

I had an older version of WavePad that allowed me to record anything playing on my speakers, save the file and edit the file. I lost my hard drive and had to rebuild my system. I had to download WavePad to re-install it. The new version will not record the sound going to my speakers. You must now use a separate program called SoundTap. I don't want to do that so I found a place to download previous versions of WavePad, but the download of the new version must of placed something on my system that prevents the older programs from recording the audio going to my speakers. I want to go back to the old version and just use that program because I had become very proficient with it. I was considering buying the professional version, until this change. How can I make the old version work as it did and what was the last version that allowed recording the audio going to my speakers? What do I have to remove to allow the old version to work?

• 1 month later...
Guest Alex Chapman

I don't know of any version of WavePad with this feature. SoundTap does this, but requires a special driver to do so. This isn't something that we would want to put into WavePad, because of the heightened risk of bugs.

• 1 month later...

where were you able to find previous versions?

also, was your hdd a mechanical failure? if not you should easily be able to find your files and copy them by attaching an external drive case...hope you didn't toss the drive