How to turn off feature with 1 second of silent playback

daorus

Hi

That doesn't happen here. :mellow: (V3.89) So I don't think it is a "new feature"

For me the playback starts exactly at the cursor line irrespective of which way I start the playback.

I don't get a silent second at all.

What sort of clip are you using?

Nat

here is a link for videofile

this is a russian service like google drive or like dropbox

to download videofile click the button with black arrow down icon

https://yadi.sk/i/jHcJuEjef6fzG

to reproduce this feature

1. open new project

2. insert videofile

3. spilit it for 4-5 random pieces

4. shuffle them randomly, lets say 1,2,3,4,5 make it 4,2,1,5,3

5. put cursor randomly and press Space key

Bug happens not all the time but only after cuts (splits), therefore I think that somehow it may be dealth with unfinished hidden preprocessing (my notebook is not very powerful it is Core2Duo, 4Gb RAM, SSD 60Gb, Radeon HD6450 1Gb

x37976.png

in version VideoPad v 3.43 and in v 2.41 press Space always starts at cursor point, so this situation is definetly in v. 3.89

Also I want to point out, that if it was a problem with CPU, then program would just hang, but now after key press Space red cursor moves 1 second back, videoplayback starts and after 1 second sound begins to work

this is only in 3.89

if you have v 3.85 to download, I can test and tell you when exaclty it happens, beacuse in v. 3.43 everything is ok with playback

HI

I am pretty sure that it is connected to the PC which is still busy and that you may be trying to play your clip before all the rendering has completed.

When the red cursor line jumps back..does it "split" leaving the top section in the original start position?

Nat

@daorus:

If you have installed an old version before. You can find the installation files in your application folder (C:\Program Files\NCH Software\VideoPad). Otherwise you can contact our support team to get a previous version.

We did some changes in the playback engine for the upcoming release. It was to fix an out of sync problem. It might also has effect on this behavior. The new version is currently in testing and will be released soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeap ... it also happens to me with using 4.00 & 3.90 . Doesn't have to do with cache etc ( winxp / cpu: e8400 @ 3.4G)

I confirm this problem for version 4.00 for april 2015 this bug is still there

After cut the beggining of videofile, all following playbacks by Space button start from 1 second before