guy500

Hi

When recording from the PC (from Soundcard via WAVE/MIDI/CD), I notice that there is a slight tinny sound to the recording quality. This is noticeable when I play back what I have just recorded, and remains it is saved as a file.

This does not happen when using other editors to record. However, I do not want to switch to another editor, as I really like Wavepad and feel comfortable using it.

Does anyone know why this could be happening and how I can remedy it?

I am recording in 44100Hz in Stereo.

Hope someone can help....

Guy

• 1 year later...

I came here to answer same question:

My recording quality from external sources (mixer, CD, microphone, my cell, anything) has a foggy, low-quality sound compared to what I would expect. Perhaps I have some setting incorrect?

This does not happen when using other editors to record. However, I do not want to switch to another editor, as I really like Wavepad and feel comfortable using it.

Guy

Same...I came to this forum for same problem. It doesn't matter WHAT external signal I use, whether audio mixer, CD player, cellphone, microphone, the recording sounds very low grade and a foggy distortion-like quality. The exact same recordings attempts "check done" on my Tascam CD recorder is significantly better... I have a difficult time believing that should be the case. Perhaps a basic setting I'm missing or is wrong?

I'll post my question on another thread as well...Feb 6, 2015 and no replies may be too old. :/

My recording quality from external sources has a foggy, low-quality sound compared to what I would expect. It doesn't matter WHAT external signal I use, whether audio mixer, CD player, cellphone, microphone, the recording sounds very low grade and a foggy distortion-like quality. The exact same recordings attempts "check done" on my Tascam CD recorder is significantly better...

I have a difficult time believing that should be the case.

Also, this does not happen when using other DAWs to record. However, I do not want to switch to another editor, as I really enjoy editing with Wavepad and would like to be using it for recording as well.

Perhaps I have some setting incorrect?

Hi pchris,

Ok, that sounds like a strange issue. WavePad does not really control the quality of your audio recording - that is the domain of the hardware you are using. Is it possibly something to do with playback? If you take a file you know sounds good in a different DAW and play it in WavePad does it sound the same/worse?

Regards,

Ben