Problems about Video Effects

Fion

I'm using the "non-commercial home use only version" of VP. Everything seems fine but once I add either "Motion, Rotate, Scale" effect to my video, the preview screen will be blacken. Nothing can be seen even I press the preview button. What can I do? :unsure:

Hi

If it makes you feel better.....

Using SCALE on a clip can take an age.

e.g. With a short (8 seconds) mpeg2 clip on Video Track 1 and a second mpeg2 clip (5 seconds) on Video Track 2....both sound clips;

If I add a 50% x 50% "SCALE" to the clip on Video Track 2, it takes about 80 seconds from scratch to scale the clip after pressing Apply. with the effects window doing nothing (the Windows eggtimer symbol is up) If I try to get back to the main display before this time, my PC displays a white screen and on occasions can crash!

Once the thumbnails generate (the cache is up to date) a second attempt can go quicker.

Adding a POSITION effect to place it into one corner can, in my experience cock things up This can also takes an fair bit of time to implement and the scaled clip sometimes doesn't display at all in the effects preview window. When this happens it also does not display in the SCALE effects page either. Occasionally the main sequence preview doesn't show the clip on video Track 1 even though the scaled clip is visible. Trying to speed things up usually causes a crash.

OK. It's probably my PC even with a new faster graphics card as I can sometimes put both effects on a clip and have even demonstrated multiple scaled images in different positions over a clip. I think you just have to be patient between steps and make sure you have saved your project as... before trying multiple effects and don't try to rush.

Nat

Hi Fion,

Motion, rotate and scale etc. require hardware acceleration. A black screen indicates that hardware acceleration is not available. Borate is right, it's most likely a driver issue.

Hi Nat,

Thanks for reporting issues for Scale and Position effect. I'll take a close look on them. Please let us know if you encountered more issues.

Best regards.

• 9 months later...