Audio and video don't match up

scottek

I downloaded several files some files worked fine others had their audio sync off from the video. Tried to load several times but no luck. I did notice some files stayed as VOB while others converted to AVI on the transfer. Would this have something to do with it? Why would some files from the same disk transfer straight while others had a conversion?

New to the whole process, please help.

Hi

Are you referring to files that you have loaded into Videopad for editing?

Are the files being copied (you use the word downloaded) from a DVD disc which normally contains VOB files, or a data disc which can have several different formats?

Normally if you load VOB files into Videopad, they are converted to .avi format. (Having said that, I have some .VOB files that load to Videopad and appear in the media list as .VOB files :mellow: )

Nat

To clarify a little more. When I download several VOB files from a video disk into a VideoPad project project several of the files get converted by VideoPad into AVI files and several files remain VOB. The VOB files remain intact while the converted files seem to have audio problems. When I say problems I mean the audio might start out synced to the video then goes off. When the audio is off, it can vary as to how far off. I have tried to split the audio to try to sync it again, but need to do this several times in a 20 min. clip.

When the clips are put into tracks the Audio and Video show to be the same length so nothing is being added or cut off.

I made the video disk by converting old Homemade VHS tapes to a DVD. The DVD comes out with correct audio when I play it on a DVD player and are in VOB format. It seems that the conversion ids the problem? But how to fix it?

Try this, just for grins... ^_^

UNlink the audio (using right-click menu)

Right-click on the unsynched audio track in the timeline and SAVE AUDIO CLIP AS NEW FILE.

Delete the old audio on the timeline and drag the new (WAV) audio file to the same location.

PLAY. Is it still out of sync?

Thanks for providing the VOB file.

We've examined the file and found a discontinuity in key frames in the original video. VideoPad automatically detects and fixes up the discontinuity. But it can only fix video frames and therefore makes the sound out of sync. It looks like the video has been edited before and deleted some frames in the middle without fixing up the time stamp for the rest.

Unfortunately to fix this, you have to un-link and edit the sound manually. It seems kind of easy to locate where it starts out of sync - it start with a gray empty screen.

Best regards.

I'm having an audio sync problem too. Should I talk about it here? My audio gets ahead of the video as the clip plays. The out-of-sync is noticeable within about 10 seconds of the clip starting. The thing is, I recorded these clips using the Record Video feature of VideoPad Pro. These are not clips from someplace else. VideoPad 3.85. Anything I can do?

Video editing is resource intensive. It is possible that your PC cannot keep pace. What happens when you lower preview resolution, under TOOLS|OPTIONS|DISPLAY?

When the file is exported is it out of sync? If that's the case look here…http://www.nchsoftwa...ad/kb/1433.html

Also check whether an updated driver is available at the chip or card manufacturer's WEB site.

It would be best to start a new descriptive topic if the issue is not remedied soon.

I tried your first suggestion, that of lowering the preview resolution, and the first test I just did came out perfect! So, thank you very much. I will try a full minute next and see how that goes. If I have further troubles, I will start a new topic. Again, thank you.