Suggestions To Make Conversion Faster?

DeLorean

• 5 months later...

Having the same problem, DeLorean. I'm trying out the free version of Prism for the first time; it's running as I type this. It appears to be converting a 20-min. vob file to mkv, but is taking hours and hours and hours. Why so long? What's the expected time? There's no progress bar telling me anything. Wish I was giving a reply that helps you out, but I'm just having the same apparent issue.

Okay, my computer shows the time stamp of my first post as 3:57PM. It's now 9:00, meaning Prism has been running my conversion for almost 12 hours - and it's still not done, nor indicating that it's even close to being done. Plus, I've discovered in previous (aborted) conversion attempts that if you put your computer into sleep/standby, when you "wake" the computer later the conversion is ruined. So by now my computer's running a "fever" since I've been trying to let the conversion finish and can't shut down or sleep the computer unless I want to abort the conversion. This program appears to be a joke.