reversing direction of clip, video only;) playback

Roffen

Hi

Put the clip onto the timeline and select it by right clicking it.

In the menu that appears select the option Clip Speed.

As well as being able to change the playing speed of the clip there is a tick box labelled Play clip in reverse

Click this followed by Set and the clip will play in reverse.

Nat

I think I have sorted out most of my problems, but when stiching clips I have a problem with black 'frames' between clips. That may perhaps be because I made a clip extending beyond end of flie or something?

Is there a simple method for fixing that or do I have to go back and redo my work?

The timeline can only reflect what's in a clip. It cannot extend "beyond the file." Of course a clip can be shortened ... or lengthened, as with the speed effect.

To eliminate unwanted space between clips, expand the timeline by either dragging the slider (left-bottom of window) to the right or,

in some versions, clicking the two-sided arrow at the far-left bottom of the window. That will show the entire region.

Click on a clip adjacent to the black frames and drag it left/right to butt to the desired clip. It should snap into place.

Or, if this is a gap, with no video in it, just right-click the gap and CLOSE GAP.

Experiment with both methods to see what works best in your case. Remember, if you make a mistake, immediately press <ctrl-Z> to undo it.

HI

You should note that occasionally in some versions of VP, splitting a clip or simply adding clips to those on the timeline leaves a thicker than normal blue join line although there is no actual gap. Playing over these clips can show a "black flash". This is not seen every time. However it is not visible when the project is exported.

Nat