Deleting un-needed split points

cal_bmx_dad

When I created a split point (first timer) I didn't realize I could do it just for that one track, so it created a split all the way down through both video and both audio tracks. So there are certain clips that have splits, even though they are not split. Is there a way to delete these splits, so I can clean it up into just the ones that really matter? Thanks.

Hi,

You can try this:

1. Move the extra clips (which you want to get rid of) to a new track and keep their time position (move straight up).
  2. Resize (by dragging the edge) the clip on the left/right and fill up the gaps of the extra clips left.
  3. Delete the extra clips.

This can be done precisely because of snapping, just be careful don't drag the clips/edges too far way from the snapping distance.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Hi

If, for example you have a videoclip on track 1 with the sound on Audio track 1 and you have an added soundtrack on Audio track 2, and then you have split all three tracks in error having meant to keep Audio track 2 complete, all you need to do is.....

Delete the left hand bit of Audiotrack 2 (leaving a gap). Now select and then grab the left end of the remaining Audio track 2. A thick yellow bar will appear. Drag this to the left across the gap. It will fill in the gap with the original sound again and there will be no split.

This will work with both sound clips and videoclips.

It's best to imagine that even though you seem to have split and even removed a portion of a clip it remains complete "underneath" so to speak and you can drag it back into sight. If you have in fact, during your editing "closed the gap" on any removed bits, then dragging them back into view will still work OK but will create a gap in any lower soundtracks and these would need then to be closed.

Nat

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Just something not to forget - (save your current version of the videopad file of course).

Then 'export' your current version to say MP4

To avoid confusion - Close videopad.

Go to your exported file and 'open with' videopad - save under a different name.

You now have a 'totally cleaned up version', but with out the untidy bits - so you can now start editing again as you wish, without losing any effects of your previous edits.

I'm no expert - but it works for me!