How do I open several songs and then record them to a single CD?

JeromeL

Used to have Roxio. I was able to open several songs, put a space (silence) between them, and record them onto a CD to play in my car. Can I do this with WavePad? I tried to so it with "MixPad" and was able to load several songs, but on playback they all play at the same time...!

I'm almost 80 years old - so not super sharp on these things - but if someone can point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can follow the instructions.

Thanks.

sunnylake36

The NCH program for this is ExpressBurn. You can set the silence between tracks (called Track Pause in the program's burn dialog box.)

ExpressBurn is easy to use, similar to Roxio if I remember correctly, and well worth the purchase. You can get a free trial version.

Thanks for the reply. I tried Express Burn and after some experimentation figured out that I could open two songs, then copy and paste the second one a few seconds after the first one finishes. Don't know if there is a better method, but this will work for me. Thanks for suggesting Express Burn for this. JeromeL

Your post is a bit confusing - you are trying to burn a music cd of multiple songs, yes? Here is a more detailed explanation of how to use ExpressBurn:

Open the Express Burn window and select the 'Audio CD' button.

You can 'open' indivdual songs (or folders) - or - drag the individual files (tracks) from their source folder into the program main window, in the order you would like them to play.

You can rearrange the play order by dragging each track in the window (play order is top to bottom.)

Once you have all the tracks you want (up to 79:59 minutes) and they are in the order you wish, then select the 'Burn Audio CD' at the bottom. This will open the 'Burn Audio CD' dialog box.

This is where you can choose 'Finalize Disc', and Burn Session At Once to customize pause (the silence between tracks.) 2 seconds is fairly standard for a cd.

best of luck - hope this helps.

(ps. to be clear - it doesn't seem like you need to be using WavePad to accomplish what you are trying to do)