Converted files are incomplete

I download audiobooks from YouTube that are in audio ONLY but were uploaded to YouTube as mp4 files. I want to play them in playlists using Windows Media Player 12. When I tried to listen to them as mp4 files, WMP doesn't recognize them. So I converted them to mp3 and WMP sees the files just fine (as it does with all the rest of my music files).The problem is that the converted files are incomplete. I use Switch Sound File Converter (free version) to convert the audio mp4 files to mp3. I discovered that the converted mp3 files are missing a lot of the content at the end of every book I downloaded. When I played the mp4 files from YT, the entire books were complete. So something happened in the conversion process. When I look at the properties of the mp4 and mp3 matching files, the length and file size are both dramatically different but I figured that was just because Switch was removing all the mp4 coding etc. HOW do I get the Switch software to convert the entire file from mp4 to mp3?

Thank you.

• 3 years later...

I'm having this problem too - has anyone worked out what might be happening? I'm converting midi files to mp3 and I've never had a problem before, but with the batch I'm doing now the output mp3 files are incomplete. if I redo them they stop at exactly the same point.

Hello,

I have tested it with the formats provided above but I was unable to replicate the problem. The files were converted without issues and I was able to play the converted file in Windows Media Player. If you are converting to .mp3 I can recommend you to go to the encoder settings and use a higher bitrate. You can use 320 to see if it makes any difference. If the issue persists, you can try to reinstall the program.

Regards.