3.81 - transparency non functional

borate

"Default" transparency effects in 3.81 show up in effects and normal preview, and on the thumbnail, but not on the sequence after APPLY is clicked. Same for a SAVED "custom" transparency.

However, if a transparency effect is combined with certain other effects, it does display in the sequence.

HI

I think Borate means this....If you add a clip to the sequence line (videotrack 1) and apply a transparency effect. (I have the default at 50%)

The thumbnail on the timeline becomes 50% transparent with a chequered background as you would expect. If you review the clip preview screen, it appears the same.

The sequence preview screen however shows a normal, apparently 0% transparent clip.

That the clip is 50% transparent is easily shown by dragging it up to Videotrack 2 and dropping a second (but different) clip underneath it. The sequence preview shows both clips (as it should)... Track 1 ghosting through the 50% transparent track 2.

This behaviour is seen in both 3.81 and 3.79.

I don't think there is a problem here as even a 90% transparent clip will appear normal in the sequence pane (i.e. 0% transparent) as the background is naturally black, its only when it's on the overlay track with another clip under it that the transparency will show up.

Nat