Evaluating FileFort

cwnoah

I am evaluating FileFort as a possible replacement for my current backup software. I plan to buy FileFort Plus, but only if the problems I have run into can be addressed. However, before I can even contact support they want me to buy the software on a 14 day money back trial. I am not willing to do this, as the free version I'm testing fails backing up my C drive.

Am I being unreasonable? If anyone from NCH management or tech support is following this forum, please respond.

Thanks,

Charlie Noah

I tried that and this is what I got:

[screen shot]

The image didn't post, but it said:

"To get support, please buy the software now and take advantage of our 14 day refund policy. ... Do you want to take advantage of this risk free offer to get support?"

Not gonna happen!

While you're here, I'll go ahead and show you the problems I had.

1. When I back up my C drive, I get these errors and the backup fails:

00:01:00 Job "Drive C" started.

00:25:44 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\home\charlien\temp\FileFort-2128-1\_FF_Zip_Catalog.bks"

00:25:45 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\home\charlien\temp\FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt"

00:25:45 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\home\charlien\temp\_filefort_rl_Charlie"

00:25:46 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\home\charlien\temp\~DF81CF4717496CF5D7.TMP"

00:25:46 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\home\charlien\temp\~DFBCC375F629C174B0.TMP"

00:34:18 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\Program Files\EaseUS\Todo Backup\bin\easeus.log"

00:57:04 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\Program Files\TeamViewer\Version9\TeamViewer9_Logfile.log"

00:58:39 Unable to back up file to "J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C\FileFortBackup_Drive C-0.mirror\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\02ffd9b069bad7356d1e8ced9096e82c_4b8891b8-9bbc-43d2-8ca4-8c0f94627885"

93 more of these MachineKeys errors

00:58:40 More than 100 errors, backup process stopped.

00:58:40 Job "Drive C" not finished due to errors.

How do I exclude these files?

Should they be excluded?

Why would they not back up?

2. When backing up all of C drive, how do I exclude certain folders?

These are the job properties:

Files

Specific Folders and Files

C:\

Back Up To

Hard Backup Options

Alternative folder on the Same Computer

Local Folder

J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C

Backup Type

What type of backup do you want to perform

Incremental Backup

Backup File Type

Mirror files exactly in subfolder

Schedule

Schedule backup to run automatically at a fixed time

Daily 12:01 AM

Run backup at startup not checked

3. When stepping through the job properties after the job has been set up I see:

J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie E

It was originally set up with J:\Charlie Backup\Charlie C, why does it change?

I really like the way FileFort is set up, and it does back up my entire E drive just fine. I also like this forum software.

Thank you,

Charlie Noah

• 3 years later...