Import CVS file

bobwill

What is the format of the CSV file that MoneyLine expects. My bank CSV ouput file contains a deposit and payment field. It appears to me that the assingment of fields in the field transactions menu does not allow you to have more than one "amount" field.....

My format is :

DATE, CHECK NUMBER, PAYEE, CATEGORY, PAYMENT, DEPOSIT

ANY ADVICE.????? I KNOW THE SUBJECT SHOULD BE CSV NOT CVS THE PHARMACY

• 2 months later...

There needs to be some sort of reprogramming so that there are alternative input fields.

My CSV gives also Deposit & Withdrawl and having to massage my withdrawls with a -1 to give the correct amount is quite tedious.

Can I suggest MoneyLine is adjusted to allow either "Amount" OR "Depost" & "Withdrawl" when choosing input fields?

Can I also suggest tha the "Options" section has a "CSV Import" tab where fields can be selected & remain as default for future.

thanks.

• 1 year later...

I am a new user. bought it, hope it actually works. try to upload data from the csv file. mapped the fields as requested - pause and then still the same empty table on the screen. no messages, no transactions. what should i do to have my data on?

• 1 year later...

If you import your CSV into Excel, you can quickly combine deposit and withdrawal columns using a formula like =IF(D2=0,E2,0-D2). You need to adjust the formula depending on which columns you have withdrawal and deposit data, but once you get the formula correct, it's very simple to move your mouse to the lower right corner of the cell that you typed the formula into and double click and Excel will run down the sheet and put the correct value in every cell. Then you can re-save the file as a CSV and it will import correctly