Failure to Reregister on Wake

ExpressTalkUser

Hi,

I am running ExpressTalk 4.0.4 on a MacBookPro with OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).

Everything works well... registration, inbound and outbound calls. There is no proxy server - I connect directly through my NATting router (ethernet/wired not wifi/wireless).

But when I put the Mac to sleep and wake it up again I get the following message in the status window:

09:11:23 Server <sip provider>.com did not respond to register (user sip:<sip id>@<sip provider>)
09:11:23 Check server details for that line
09:11:24 Register authorization failed for sip:<sip id>@<sip provider>
09:11:24 Error returned : 407 Proxy Authentication Required
09:11:24 Check username or password for the proxy server.

My SIP / VOIP provider indicates that ExpressTalk is not registered.

If I then make a call this works - although oddly my SIP/VOIP provider doesn't recognize that ExpressTalk has reregistered. In bound calls don't work - ExpressTalk doesn't ring - and the call goes to the SIP/VOIP providers voice mail.

The only way of getting ExpressTalk to reregister so it rings for inbound calls is to quit and re-run.

I believe the problem is that after waking from sleep it takes the Ethernet adaptor some time (2-10 seconds) to "come up" and renew its IP address via DHCP from the NATting router, but before the Ethernet adaptor is able to send/recieve packets, ExpressTalk tries (and fails) to check the SIP registration (hence the error message).

Is there a way to either

a. Have expresstalk wait after waking from sleep before checking the registration status

b. Have expresstalk retry the repeat the original registration process every few mins; the registration process it does upon start-up (my hardware based ATA does this)

Finally - I note ExpressTalk doesn't remember the position of the window between runs; so quiting and rerunning always puts the main window in the default position.

Thanks

Antony