Black space added to end of videos

groundyonly

Hi all,

Please can you help me! I am using 3.04.

Recently when I have cut buts out of videos to get the clips I need, the program is leaving the rest of the original clip time-- e.g., if I take 10 seconds out of a 2:10 video, then 2 minutes-- as blank screen, and when I export, it's black screen.

What's happening and how do I change it? I have looked in the editing and effects areas and I can't see anything that will let me change that!

Never used to happen... I must have done something I didn't mean to at some point, now it happens all the time.

Cheers

Hi

Not quite clear in your description what you find happening. In your example, are you removing 2 mins from the start of a longer clip and exporting the remaining 10 seconds?

If this is the case then you should "Close the gap" left by the 2 min you removed as if you export what you think is just 10 seconds, it will, in fact be a 2 min gap followed by the bit you want. The exported clip will show 2 mins of black, blank video at the start .

I just loaded up and checked out version 3.04 which worked quite normally in this respect. Earlier versions would close up the clips automatically as sections were removed but 3.xx versions don't.

Just a thought...

Exactly what steps are you taking when you trim your original clip to get the bit you want to export. e.g. Are you splitting and deleting unwanted sections directly on the timeline, or are you trimming a full length clip in the left preview window using the IN/OUT markers and using the green arrow to place it on the timeline?

Nat