Extraneous Notes in MIDI export

TomH

Is it something I am doing wrong as I build up a score that results in extraneous notes in the midi output? Nobody else seems to have reported a problem of this sort. The score looks and plays fine but the output is clearly corrupted as is evidenced when played on other midi players and when re-imported to a new score.

Yes, me too. It used to work great for me.

I am on Windows 7 and I have Crescendo version 1.34 which I updated a few weeks back.

Before updated I would use the "export midi" which I would send to my mac laptop and use the midi on garage band with no problem. I would get two tracks one for the treble and one for bass.

Now, on my mac I have Yosemite with a new version of garage band. The midi get split into 3 tracks and when I use the editor to look at the notes, they are not the same as what I had input on Crescendo and it doesn't always play correctly.

What's happening???

I'm now on version 1.42 and my problem was actually (or partially) my own fault. I was using the Tie as a Slur - there is a separate control for that. However, there was a bug with ties across bars causing extraneous output that has been fixed. Thanks to Stephen Wheeler for his prompt follow up to my fallacious bug report, for straightening me out on slurs vs ties (I am not a musician either so that does not help) and for the quick fix of the tie bug.

This version now more accurately depicts what is played out and exported to MIDI.