Clips missing when open saved project file

kzijen

Hi there,

I have 3 saved projects on videopad.

I have finished editing 2 out of 3 of those projects. When I open any of the 3 saved project files, i have clips missing and/or gaps appearing between the clips....

The screenshot below (2nd project )shows what I mean... notice the huge gap in clips in the timeline... that gap is supposed to be filled with videos.

Also, the video files window is missing a few clips.

If it makes a difference, I have taken more than one clip from the same video and posted it in the timeline. How i did this was by copying the video in the Video Files window and pasting it there again.. then renaming the file in that same window... and selecting a different section...hence u see (13-1) in there. same file, but different sections were taken.

Pls help.

ev5z39olz9.jpg

Hi

If you add a couple of clips to the timeline followed by a copy of one of them that you pasted back into the media list (even though it copies as same name(2) , then the project loses the copy file when reloaded. In fact, only the sound track is copied in the project. The clip video track copy is not present. and leaves a gap. Although the copy/paste controls are present if one clicks the thumbnail in the media list, it may be an oversight or perhaps it just refers to the sound track. Changing the name of the copied clip in the media list makes no difference either. Note you have the ST (muted) under the missing frame sections.

"If it makes a difference, I have taken more than one clip from the same video and posted it in the timeline. How i did this was by copying the video in the Video Files window and pasting it there again.. then renaming the file in that same window... and selecting a different section...hence u see (13-1) in there. same file, but different sections were taken."

This is why you have a problem. The correct way to insert a duplicate clip is simply to select the same clip again from the media list. There is no need to make a copy of it.

If a different section of the same clip is required then it should be re-selected from the media list and edited in the left hand clip preview pane again using the IN/OUT markers. (Or directly edited on the timeline if placed there.)

You must re-select the same clip from the media list over and over again and use the IN/OUT markers to create numerous re-edits. The re-edited clip can be added each time to the sequence line by clicking the green down arrow. After each addition, the geen arrow becomes inoperative but reselecting the clip again for the next edit brings it back.

Nat

Hi

If you add a couple of clips to the timeline followed by a copy of one of them that you pasted back into the media list (even though it copies as same name(2) , then the project loses the copy file when reloaded. In fact, only the sound track is copied in the project. The clip video track copy is not present. and leaves a gap. Although the copy/paste controls are present if one clicks the thumbnail in the media list, it may be an oversight or perhaps it just refers to the sound track. Changing the name of the copied clip in the media list makes no difference either. Note you have the ST (muted) under the missing frame sections.

"If it makes a difference, I have taken more than one clip from the same video and posted it in the timeline. How i did this was by copying the video in the Video Files window and pasting it there again.. then renaming the file in that same window... and selecting a different section...hence u see (13-1) in there. same file, but different sections were taken."

This is why you have a problem. The correct way to insert a duplicate clip is simply to select the same clip again from the media list. There is no need to make a copy of it.

If a different section of the same clip is required then it should be re-selected from the media list and edited in the left hand clip preview pane again using the IN/OUT markers. (Or directly edited on the timeline if placed there.)

You must re-select the same clip from the media list over and over again and use the IN/OUT markers to create numerous re-edits. The re-edited clip can be added each time to the sequence line by clicking the green down arrow. After each addition, the geen arrow becomes inoperative but reselecting the clip again for the next edit brings it back.

Nat

oh man... that sucks... i did try doing the reselecting the clip again thingy... not sure if i was doing it wrong or....but somehow didnt work for me..the down arrow button wasnt available... hence i resorted to doing the copy paste thing....but i just tried it again and it works fine so i guess that works...

ST muted was intentionally done by me before i saved the project.

means i have to redo everything again... but thankfully, ive managed to export out 2 out of 3 of the projects... so only 1 more to go. I do hope NCH will do something about this missing clips part if doing it that way... imho, there really shouldnt be anything removed from the timeline...

Thanks for the response Nat... appreciate it.