Controlling location of text

I must be getting better at using this program, cuz my questions now pertain to more advanced problems. The latest: After clicking the Text button, attaching the dotted line to a note or rest, and using the space bar to position words or chords over notes, and SETTING the text, it sometimes is necessary to re-open that line of text.

Each time I double click to open the text line to edit it, the line crowds closer to the staff. How can I stop that? Control + Z helps but doesn't solve the problem when the original line of text obscures the notes. How can I control the location of the text line. I want to move it far enough away from the staff that notes, dynamics and chords are clearly visible.

I found an answer, or , at least, a "work-around."

I double click to open the text, edit it, do a Cntr + C to copy it, then delete it, and click Enter to Set the blank line of text.

Next I hit Escape and the line of text, too close to notes, disappears.

I then click the Txt button to create a new line, which can be easily positioned. I do Cntr + V to paste the updated text, click Set, and voila!, the line of text is exactly where I want it.