Cannot Apply Payment to Invoice

juliegodinez

Hello,

I created a draft then opened it and saved it to an invoice to record and print it. When I click on "Open Invoice List" it is there, however, when I highlight the invoice and click "Payment", an error pops up saying, "Customer not found. Please create the customer entry before proceeding with payments."

I ran into this once before and through a series of clicking I was able to apply the payment to the invoice. But I just don't understand what I've missed here.

Thank you!

Julie

Did you create the customer in your database first? When we have a new customer we always create the customer first.

In Web Access, you can go to the main menu and create customer. Then go back out to the main menu and create an invoice or draft as normal.

From your main computer, you can either go to customer area and add a new one, or in your create invoice screen, there is a little icon that looks like 3 people next to the Customer Name field. Click on that. This will bring you to the customer list. Click on Add at the top. Once you've added the customer, click on Select at the top. That will automatically add the new customer to the invoice you are creating.

Hope this helps!

Teri

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem but the thing is that when I try to add the customer to the list it says that the customer is already added. Therefore, I dont know what I have to do because it still wont let me apply the payment. It says "Customer not found. Please create the customer entry before proceeding with payments."

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I tried to apply a payment to two customer and it didnt allow me to. It said "Customer not found. Please create the customer entry before proceeding with payments." These customers were not on my customer list. When I created the invoice I just put their name in. So when this happened I tried to add them to see if it would accept the payment. But when I tried adding them it said that those customers already existed. So Im guessing they where saved when I created the invoice. Therefore, I have no clue of what else I should do so the program can accept the payment.

Thank you

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I tried to apply a payment to two customer and it didnt allow me to. It said "Customer not found. Please create the customer entry before proceeding with payments." These customers were not on my customer list. When I created the invoice I just put their name in. So when this happened I tried to add them to see if it would accept the payment. But when I tried adding them it said that those customers already existed. So Im guessing they where saved when I created the invoice. Therefore, I have no clue of what else I should do so the program can accept the payment.

Thank you

Open the Invoice and click Record Only and then try again to apply payment.

• 3 years later...

This is a massive problem for me. It only happens about 25% of the time but it is such a pain in the posterior. No rhyme or reason. Customer shows up on the customer list, yet it says "customer not found" . I usually have to delete the invoice and customer and start over. WHAT A PAIN. 

• 3 months later...

I am having the same problem - has anyone found a solution to this?  I can verify that the customer is in the system, but it won't allow me to post payment to the account.  I get the message "Customer not found. Please create the customer entry before proceeding with payments."  I have never had to do this.  The customer is added automatically when a quote is created.  The invoice is then created from the quote.  Do I need to delete it and start over?  Please advise.

Jeannie

When you see that error saying customer not found, is because the information you are entering does not match.  Please keep in mind that the program is case sensitive, so if you have a customer's name in your list as Allison, but the invoice was written to allison, then the program won't be able to find the right customer.   Please make sure you have the customer's name spelled properly including caps and if the issue persist you may want to contact the NCH Software support team.

I'm not even entering any information.  I write a quote for a customer and when they purchase the unit, I turn the quote into an invoice.  When they pay I highlight the invoice, click on "Payment" and that's when I get the error.  I haven't entered any information since the initial quote.  In the past, the customer info from the quote was saved (I assume - since I've never had to add customer's before).  I'm trying to contact the NCH Software team, but it tells me to post here.

Jeannie