Importing Image Sequence as clip

HarryG

Hi,

I've been using an older version of videopad (v2.something - can't remember), and i must say i am very happy with the ouptut quality. However i have run into a brick wall and i need some advice. I am an animator and i ususally render my shots in TGA format to create an image sequence of my animation. Is there a way i could import an image sequence as a clip into VideoPad? The current version i have is incapable of doing that and before i purchased the new version i wanted to ask around. I have done this Adobe Premier ages ago, but i've lost touch with that software and VideoPad seems a lot easier to use.

Also before i go, what is the latest version of VideoPad out at moment?

Thanks,

HarryG.

3.72 is the latest that I've spotted. http://www.nchsoftwa...ad/vppsetup.exe

But I haven't spotted a way to import a TGA sequence as a clip. In lieu of that set the still image default length to whatever you prefer, under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MEDIA tab.

Click the ADD FILE icon and import the TGA files, by clicking on the first file, holding down <shift> then clicking on the last.

Then, in similar fashion, select them all in the media area, right-click and PLACE ON SEQUENCE.

Click the + to the right of the "sequence" tab (just above the timeline, at the left), to add a new sequence.

Continue editing, You can insert the TGA sequence into the new sequence as if it were just another clip.

3.72 is the latest that I've spotted. http://www.nchsoftwa...ad/vppsetup.exe

But I haven't spotted a way to import a TGA sequence as a clip. In lieu of that set the still image default length to whatever you prefer, under TOOLS|OPTIONS|MEDIA tab.

Thanks Borate for pointing me to the latest version.... much appreciated! I played around and figured out this version has exactly what i'm looking for. :rolleyes: In the media area>right click and add images as clip. That opens a seperate window where i can set the frame rate and select the files to import. Borate, you're a STAR!

Cheers!

I forgot to mention that you can also import .psd files B)

Hi

Although I don't use this image format normally, I downloaded some examples and find they do load into VP, both in the 2.41 version and the latest version. (.tga format)

If you have your individual images that make up your animation and know the interval required between each one, you should, if it behaves like my version, be able to set the VP default image display time under options tab to the required value and then open the folder with the images and block load the lot.

If you set the options to always load new clips to the end of the sequence then you can select all the images now on the media list and drop them onto the sequence line where they should produce the animation.

Nat

In the media area>right click and add images as clip. That opens a separate window where i can set the frame rate and select the files to import.

Actually, you spotted a feature that I had not...a different way of creating that clip. ^

Hi Borate.

I have used this procedure quite a few times to create avis of animated gif files using the individual .gif images. Why, you might ask?...

Well, I give a number of illustrated talks and use a version of Irfanview for this as it will play animations (avi as well as gif) which I make as part of my talks. But it also has the ability to produce an auto exec file of the talk that doesn't require irfanview to run it. This is OK for people who want a copy of the talk. Unfortunately the autoexec file won't save the gif animations in a playable form and will only display the first image. (It will play avis.) So I use VP to convert the gif image sequences into avis

I found that third party conversion programs didn't give a very good result as it ignored or speeded up the gifs that had their duration set differently. VP is easy to use in this respect as you can easily pull out images to display for longer. The downside with VP is that the contrast in the output avi is always lower than the original gif. But now there is a effect option for this..... :)

Normalise would be great if it didn't try to brighten up fades....or black frames!

Nat