Problem with version 3.7

Nationalsolo

Hi

Just been editing a section of video and tried to pull back i.e. drag to the right, the front end of a clip (last clip on the timeline) to eliminate a very small silent section of film soundtrack shown as a tiny horizontal line at the start of the clip sound waveform.

I found the new "handles" appeared OK and both Video Track 1 and Audio track 1 highlighted as normal, but dragging the end of the clip to the right and releasing it had no effect on the tiny silent spot although the clip did shorten.

As the sound between the successive clips is a jet aircrtaft engine sound it resulted in a stutter in the audio, Consequently I have had to drop in a sound bite to cover the tiny gap in the join.

I tried eliminating a bigger section of the clip cutting back to the top of a louder section and had the same result. I couldn't get rid of that tiny silent spot.

Is this an introduced "bug" associated with the adding of the "handles" or the thick line at the front of the yellow box?

Splitting the clip at the cursor position also leaves a short silent instant at the start of the bit that remains.

By contrast the leftmost clip sound track cuts off perfectly when dragged back..

Anybody else found this?

Nat

Hi Borate.

I don't have a proxy site at the moment and my Orange site has stopped using the old IE.

However, it's not a big deal, since after playing with it a bit, I think it may just be a graphic effect.

If one splits the clip at the cursor line and without moving the cursor, looki closely, The left hand soundtrack finishes exactly against the red cursor line but the right hand soundtrack restarts a tiny distance to the right of the cursor line, but as I said it may simply be a graphic effect not connected to the sound play.

I just created an apparently bigger gap by making a large number of splits, each one at the end of the tiny straight line (1/4 second long apparently.

The sound played through this. :( and seemed OK, so....... being pedantic.

Nat