"Close Gap in Track" fixed in version 3.7

Nationalsolo

Hi

As subject line says, the defect in closing the gap in the track when clips are deleted has been corrected in VP version 3.7 but only track1 and audio track 1 move. All overlay tracks or spot sounds on other tracks stay where they were and would have to be manually repositioned.

http://www.nchsoftwa...ware/video.html

Also like the way there are now "handles" when clip ends are adjusted on the timeline. In the earlier versions there were none and even when you approached the join from the clip you had selected, focus often would suddenly jump to the other clip which was a bit annoying.

Thanks NCH. :) but where is the large preview screen now?

Nat

Nat, for DEL|RIPPLE did you first select (highlight) ALL tracks? When that was done here (main + a single overlay), they all rippled.

Both PV screens can be made most any size - both horizontally and vertically - by mousing over the edge lines (or dots) and dragging the double-arrows.

Hi Borate

Well, checking the Close gap in track option I did highlight all the tracks but only Tracks1 closed.

But--Yes..Delete (Ripple) after selecting a clip section shunts the tracks down OK. Hadn't used that option. Being used to film I tended to use just delete. :mellow:

I also noticed now, that there is an option when closing a gap of "Close gap in Sequence". This was greyed out in the earlier version. This option produced the same final result as Delete(ripple).

Selecting this after deleting a segment, all the following tracks (extra sound tracks and overlays) all moved down correctly.

Also..Yes! If I undock the preview pane by clicking the top right hand corner it can be enlarged to full screen. The playback is much better as well than in the previous larger preview screen.

Nat