Unable to Add Multiple Clips to Sequence V3.14

Brucej

Hi,

I'm able slice a piece of a file in the preview screen and add this to the sequence. The problem i'm having is then adding another piece of this file to the end of the sequence. I've selected new in and out points however, the green down arrow is greyed out and will not allow me to add this clip to the sequence.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank-you in advance.

Hi

Having used the IN/OUT markers to select a section of your clip (in the clip preview pane) you have used the green down arrow to place your selection on the sequence. Once this has been done the green arrow no longer shows.

You now need to re-select the same clip in the media list so it appears renewed in the clip preview window. You can use the IN/OUT makers again to make a second selection from the clip and the green arrow to place this onto the sequence.

Nat

I'm using version 3.58 but have noticed the same thing Bruce did and that's odd because it is common to select multiple small sections of the same clip. I found that once you have selected the portion of the clip you want and added it (using the green arrow) you can go back to the preview pane and slide the out point to approximately where you want it and then the in point to just about where you want that. Once you have moved the out and in points downstream of the first setting, the green arrow will re-appear. Then you can fine tune the exact in and out points you want. That's a little clunky especially for those of us who produce sometimes long multi-cam shots and then wat to go back and cut them together.

Bill

HI

If that is the case the use of the IN/OUT markers may be version specific. In version 3.6 once you have "used" the green arrow to place your clip bit on the sequence,(set the options "Ask Me",so you can choose where they are added,) moving the the IN/OUT markers again has no effect. Even if you slide them both left of your initial selection as you suggest.

However, as I mentioned, with this version just re-selecting (left clcking) the clip in the media list will redisplay the clip, reset the geen arrow but leave the IN/OUT markers where they were and allow you select a different part of the clip (or the same section again) and repeat the procedure. It makes producing multiple repeating sections easy.

Nat