Creating Piano-Voice score

MartinW

I'm new to Crescendo, having worked with Music Time Deluxe previously.

I am trying to create a piano-voice score, with vocal line at the top and a piano staff below it. Beginning with the New Score, I see a single staff. Clicking Parts brings up a menu in the right of the score. The options I see are New Staff or New Part. If I click New Staff, it adds a second staff and a brace, but both staves have treble clefs so it isn't as I need it for the piano. If I click New Part instead, it adds a second staff with a treble clef but without the brace. If I then put the cursor on the second staff and click on New Staff, it adds a third staff below the two existing staves and adds a brace joining the top two staves - still not the right format for voice above piano. There seems to be no way to change this so that I have a top single staff and a pair of treble and bass staves below it with a brace to use for the piano score. Please advise in complete detail how to generate this format!

Welcome MartinW,

You can Achieve this by opening the parts dialog adding a second part and a new staff. If the part with two staves are above the part with a single staff click on the lower part and press the blue "Up" arrow.

To change a clef (from treble to bass for example) right click on the clef and in the clef sub menu select 'bass'.

This should give you what you want.