Reports don´t add up :blink:

gabitavzla

Yesterday I downloaded the trial version, and I have been enthusiastically entering data from my last invoices, about 93 entries (or so it reports)

I have generated an Invoices report and Items Sales report, and each gives me different amounts (Invoices reports 292 in sales, Items Sales reports 272).

It is really aggravating. Since ours is a small family business, this is my first attempt at keeping tabs of our business on a computer, and all the Excel, Numbers, Calc templates I can find only give me the option of writing a single invoice or of keeping budgets, (there is a big accounting template but since I don't know zilch about accounting, I can't make head or tails out of it). Making invoices is not my problem (I can still do that by hand, and since this is in Venezuela I would have have to use special formats that are overseen by our tax authorities) This has been the only (readily made) option I have found to keep tabs of the sales, clients, and so on, but it is next to useless if the numbers don´t add up.

I have wondered if this is due to the fact that I´m on trial. I definitely cannot spend the money on the basis of a possible refund, since the currency exchange controls make it next to impossible for NHC to send me back my dollars (we are allowed to buy only 300 dollars a year for Internet transactions). I would consider buying it, but only if it minimally works. If not, I will continue searching for other solutions.

(BTW, I don't see anywhere a list of what features I would have with an upgrade, or what features I would lose with the 14 day free trial. That really puts a big damper on spending anymore time introducing data).

I'd appreciate any help.

Gabita

:blink:

To my understanding,

Items Sales Report contains totals for sold items only, i.e., without taxes, discounts applied to invoices or shipping costs (if the item's unit price does not already include tax).

Invoices Report is sum of all invoices, so it includes taxes, discounts and shipping costs.

Hope this helps!