Video Stabilization in Videopad

phgjenn

I'm new to VideoPad and I just downloaded their free version for home. I'm trying to stabilize my videos as they are very shaky but I can't find the video stabilization tools in the software. One video I watched said to right click on my video and choose stabilize - but when I right click, that option does not show up.

Can anyone help? Does the free version come with the stabilization tools or do I have to buy the professional version?

Thanks,

J

Hi

Load your shaky video in the normal way (Add file) It will now be listed in the media list under the "Video Files" tab.

Note that you don't have to have the actual clip on the sequence line to stabilize it.

Right click the video on the Media list.

The fourth option down in the menu is "Stablize Video."

Left click this option

VP with now do this task and ask you at the end if you want to swap your shaky video with the stabilized version. (The original clip on your PC is unaffected)

If you accept this option the clips are swapped including any you might have in the sequence line.

It works very well but don't expect it to work wonders on something VERY shaky. :)

If your clip has a lot of shake there may be a juddery border as badly displaced frames are lined up. If this is bad you can use the CROP effect to trim them (Use "Zoom to area" with this effect.)

Hope this helps

Nat

Wow, thanks Nat - I appreciate the quick response.

I just downloaded the free version of VideoPad Video Editor Professional v 3.58 and I'm telling ya, there's no stabilization anywhere to be found. :-0 I've right clicked everywhere you said, and then everywhere else, and it doesn't show up anywhere. That's why I was wondering if I need to buy the full version to find it? My tabs are

1. Sequences

2. Video Files

3. Audio Files

4. Images

When I saw the tutorial on this site: http://nchsoftware.blogspot.com/2011/01/video-stabilization-quick-fix-for-shaky.html it has different tabs than I do and they say right click and you'll find the stabilization - but again, it's not on my version. I'm running this on a Mac Laptop. Have no idea if that matters. Am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Jenn

Maybe that link didn't work - so here are my options when I right click on my video under Video Files:

Place on sequence

unlink audio

save audio clip as new file

change file

open file location

cut

copy

delete

rename

jump to clip in sequence

video effects

audio effects

clip speed

properties

that's it - no stabilization - and when i go into video effects- it's not there either.

yeah, see what you both are saying and what the video tutorial is saying all matches up. However, in my version that I just downloaded today, stabilize video is missing from my drop down. lol - I'm really not crazy. That's weird. Well, I just don't want to spend the money without testing the software first - I want to make sure it does what I need. So strange how it doesn't show up for me. Again, not sure if this is only available in the paid version. Do you know? That would at least explain why it's not showing up in the free one I have.

HI

Hmm. Stabilization might seem to be missing in the Mac version. :mellow:

Hang on though.....Just noticed that the name of your file seems to indicate it is a tiff IMAGE...

Right clicking this wont show Stabilize....it must be a VIDEO clip.

IS THAT THE PROBLEM??

Nat

Well, let's just cut to the chase, you use the program - do you use the mac or pc? Do you like the stabilization tools? Does it really look as good as they make it seem. My videos aren't horrible - they are similar to the advertised before and after video shots. They just need a little help. Is it worth spending the $$?

Oh man .... that takes me out of the game if it doesn't work for mac. :-(

Off to do more research then ... glad I didn't buy in on impulse. They make such a big deal out of it on their advertising that's why I found it. ughh Thank you everyone for your help! I appreciate your time.

• 4 months later...